Sevilla (H) | Post Match Thread

Really good pep talk by Pep. First half was lackluster and Second was really good.

I am really impressed by Josh Wilson-Esbrand. He totally shut down Sevilla's pacy winger with total confidence and I think he has a big future at City.

Walker needs replacing.. I think JWE will be his replacement on the left side and Cancelo/ Rico Lewis will be our right backs.

Alvarez is awesome at playing 10 too. Great assist for Rico's first goal.

If only Alvarez was good enough for us…

Sometimes the performance threads make the match-day threads look calm and reasoned.
Match day threads should never be used for reasonable comments, you get all the crazies. These crazy takes then get likes from other crazies and continue to do so making a cess pool.

Great fun though to join the craziness...

Second half we woke up and dominated them, subs obviously played a big part.

Glad to see Pep’s selections, even though things didn’t come together in the first 45. A couple of timely tweaks, though, and we finished strongly.

Brilliant assist from Kev. Two assists and a goal for Alvarez, who worked unselfishly for the team. And what a night to remember for Rico Lewis.

A very good exercise..
The youngsters understandably got off to a slow start but all acquitted themselves very well none more so than Rico. Wilson Esbrand did well when he came on. Palmer has the quality, just needs to up the speed. Looks too casual at times. Football at this level is just a tad quicker than he’s used to.

Gomez did really well second half.

Really made up for Alvarez. The boy works his nads off anytime he’s on the pitch. People accuse him of not getting in the game, but most times that is down to the team performance not just him.
I think he is more clinical than Jesus. Just give him time.

Finally. Well played Pep. Wasn’t sure about some of the subs, but you got the mix right to get a second half performance like that from Julian and Rico.

Don't know what fucker said it at half time*, but keeping Rico as a RB and not inverting the full backs was the obvious change.

Decent second half. Alvarez doesn't stop running!!! Got an eye for a pass too. Both young full backs were very good but it needed Rodri to just get things ticking for us to find that extra gear.

Meaningless game but a great result and so happy for Lewis.

*it was this fucker

Way way better second half. In the first I thought we'd fail to score again.

Anyway, great finish to the game, very decent performance in the second and some cracking goals. Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.