Sevilla (H) - Wed 2nd Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we're never getting another youth academy lad through to the first team as long as we can't even let them be on the bench in an absolutely dead game.
Are you for real? Wilson-E will come on for sure making it FOUR academy players playing tonight. What more do you want? Do you think it'd do us any good playing 8 U21 academy lads plus 3 reserves. They'd get smashed and it'd do their progress no good at all. It's the top ranked club tournament in the world - you can't just play anyone. Plus they played today as well. Maybe Borges might have got a place on the bench but who else would you have played? Gomez, Dias, Ake, Gunda, Alverez, Grealish, Mahrez etc all need game time as they have been injured or not first choice recently. Hate this "we never give youth a chance' especially from our own so called fans. Sorry but it's a bollox statement

I think Mahrez might get the mid slot with Foden. I think he's played there a few times for us in makeshift set ups. Cant see it being Grealish or Palmer but happy to be proven wrong

Looking forward to seeing Palmer. I’m guessing Gundo will play as a 6. Would be interesting to see Foden and Palmer taking up the other midfield slots!

You’re allowed 11 subs and Pep has named 9. He could have stuck any two academy kids on the bench just to fill it but he’s decided not to.
4 academy players could play tonight, lets enjoy that, yet some would rather whinge and moan about one that isn’t despite have no idea why. Usual match day thread bollocks.

I don't understand.

Borges was taken out of the youth league game... for no reason? He isn't on the bench even?

What's the logic here? Maybe Borges is injured.

I see you had 2 replies already - not read them but betting they say something along the lines of.
"Financially it does matter (a lot)" - no it really doesn't. What matters currently is giving players maximum recovery time in a season that's unnecessarily complicated thanks to FIFA
Hate to say i told you so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.