Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

and the other winner tonight......

Newcastle United.

To beat them on Saturday will be very difficult indeed. Glad I didn't put a fiver on going unbeaten all season, I did think about it.
If you want the trophies you have to play the matches. No point worrying about it giving a potential advantage to the next opposition, that's just how it is. They won't be relishing playing us right now.

Job done, a first Super Cup in the cabinet. We laboured but you could still tell we were a different class to the opposition.

Think Palmer has earned a start against the Geordies. If he struggles just hook him at half time.

Now, I am not actually complaining, because it is so early in the season - for example it was sensible to go straight to pens at full-time, 30 mins extra would have been a nightmare for the players plus is it not now past midnight over there. However, I am concerned about consistency regarding these new added on time rules.

Are they not worldwide rules following the World Cup, we can't have different rules for Premier/UEFA/FIFA matches and yet tonight, in the first half, there were 3 minutes injury time, even though there had been a drinks break.

Or was it just because City were behind?

Anyone else think camel-gob & the gang are good luck ? Can’t remember the last time we lost a game on that channel…good omens for Saturday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.