Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Move to 33 major trophies, only the 1 behind Chelsea who are sitting 4th with 34 on the major honours list for all time in England

You wait 53 years for a european trophy then 2 come at the same time!!!
Still have to pinch myself. I know it can't last forever as nothing can, but I wonder if we can eclipse the trophy counts of both sets of red shite before it all ends.

Personally would have taken winning tonight over beating Newcastle. ( obviously hope we do both). We may never get a chance to win it again.

As for the performance the boys are not machines. With KDB added to those who have left I think we are short creatively and new players will need to bed inn

But we are currently the best team in Europe.

That was Shite. We are all over the…….

Sorry thought we were still in the match day thread.

It was messy yes, but I think Pep is sussing out, who can fit into a couple of different systems.
Akanji can’t quite do what Stones has shown a flair for.
Foden didn’t quite take his chance at the centre role behind Haaland.
Things like that. Players were moved around and at times we looked very disjointed.

Overall though, I think Pep will have seen this as a very worthwhile exercise. Even more so if we get a result st the weekend with a few players coming in fresh.

I thought Palmer looked very confident in his own ability and this kind of experience is excellent for him, as I think sometimes he just looks like all he needs is to get up to the speed of PL football.
Speed of decision making as much as anything else.
Same goes for the new players.
Kovacic looks like he gets it already and Gvardiol did very well. This kind of football doesn’t look like it’ll phase him.

Jack was ok. I wouldn’t be over critical. He constantly attracts 3 men and rarely loses possession.

Individually I wouldn’t be over critical of anyone. Collectively we are rusty. Not too fluid and still we had over 70% possession.

If we have learned anything from last season in particular, it has to be that pacing ourselves at this stage of the season is vital.

I think we are in good shape.
Pep will manage all scenarios.

Good game. I enjoyed it.

Not our best performance, but we got the job done against a compact Sevilla side who defended very well. Really pleased for Cole Palmer who had another decent game.

Now, I am not actually complaining, because it is so early in the season - for example it was sensible to go straight to pens at full-time, 30 mins extra would have been a nightmare for the players plus is it not now past midnight over there. However, I am concerned about consistency regarding these new added on time rules.

Are they not worldwide rules following the World Cup, we can't have different rules for Premier/UEFA/FIFA matches and yet tonight, in the first half, there were 3 minutes injury time, even though there had been a drinks break.

Or was it just because City were behind?
i think i read somewhere those are new prem rules, not universal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.