Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Got back yesterday had a great time staying round Monastiraki Eating drinking and sightseeing And meeting other blues.Moved to Omonia for my last night on Thursday to be close to the lad and mate so we could get a taxi at 4am together To the airport. Wow the info given about that area was spot on!! My lad wouldnt listen. We must have been close to the worst street around there.Only transport issues where with Avanti with cancelled and delayed trains both going and coming back.Metro in Athens cheap and spot on both to and from the match and visiting Piraeus. Lastly the Greeks where friendly and helpful and no one wanted to rip you off like Istanbul.

I have been labelled a dickhead and over the top on here several times. I stand by all of my advice on Athens in particular though, it wasn't to cause alarm, it was genuine first hand advice. Great to see so many blues had a great time though. It's a good city, you just need a bit of prior knowledge to make it work properly.

Munich has been a complete fup for luggage in the last 7 days, I know people who flew Munich London on Tuesday and they don’t know when they will get their luggage, best advice is to chase them daily, fortunately we’ve only had carry on but spent 2 1/2 hours on the plane from Munich to Athens on Tuesday before they cancelled it!
Hope you got to Athens in time for the game

Had the same issue coming back from Istanbul with Wizz Air, £45 each for 3 of us.Its incredible how they survive.

Added them to easyjet as an airline I now refuse to fly with. Can cost me more money sometimes or even the same but a longer route but at least I know I have a fair chance of getting there.

Went out with Aegean and back with Jet2, the difference in quality was amazing, they actually seem to give a shit.

We went there and back on Jet2, a bit of a crap service on the way back but they are usually spot on for a budget airline. My wife usually insists on only Aegean for this journey, especially on the red eye flight from Manchester. It tends to be mainly Greeks on the flight, their kids are generally loads quieter and better behaved than the Brits so you manage to get a bit of sleep and food and drinks included in the ticket price.

I see Sevilla not playing until Monday night, Spanish League looking after their team unlike the twats at the Prem.
I was surprised how much the Sevilla players were struggling on the night, every time there was a break in play they would be stood bent over with their hands on their knees trying to recover.

Sevilla had little option with an inferior, older squad who would always run out of energy first. You cannot keep chasing down with the intensity of the Sevilla players without running out of gas, regardless of heat and humidity.

Their tactic like many others is to grab a lead then sit back to conserve energy with the threat of a break. Once their legs went so did their defensive formation discipline. Pep and the players know this and once City go ahead the dam can burst although opposition teams may get lucky.

Had the same issue coming back from Istanbul with Wizz Air, £45 each for 3 of us.Its incredible how they survive.

Added them to easyjet as an airline I now refuse to fly with. Can cost me more money sometimes or even the same but a longer route but at least I know I have a fair chance of getting there.

Went out with Aegean and back with Jet2, the difference in quality was amazing, they actually seem to give a shit.
Got to check in 48 hours b4 flight. It’s a right faff on their website doing it - even on the app. I paid 45 quid for extra legroom seat on the flight back and was glad I did with the delay. Still, £45 is a joke fee when extra leg room seats are usually half that on Ryanair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.