Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Amsterdam Bar in Piraeus seemed to end up being main meeting point on matchday, was crazy the difference round there on non-matchday, lovely place. I got a sense the square the fan zone bit ended up would have been perfect when it had all gone yesterday.

Monastiraki was great (as you said not really for large groups drinking) but a couple of small Square bits one near that Beer Time and another near a wine bar type thing I forget the name of. Athens Sports bar was decent for women’s final.

Thought transport was very handy and the X96 bus.

I had gyros from Street Souvlaki about 5 times, which was good going for a 2/3 day trip!

I only went to the Acropolis sight wise but that was class.
Loved Pireaus Harbour. The Amsterdam bar was a great place do drink before the game.

We stayed in Piraeus, found it hard to find anywhere on the Tuesday due to the holiday, but had some good food at one of the restaurants around the Marina. Annoyingly didn't walk as far round as the Amsterdam Bar so missed that. Wednesday went into Monistiraki Square, and spent the day around there. Best bar was the Kafeneion 111, although they were getting a bit twitchy about some of our more vocal supporters as the afternoon moved on. Savvas for food also v.good.

Strange thing we found was a couple of bars near our hotel after the match Apla Troumpa, near Gate 10 in Piraeus - practically deserted, in a residential area, but blasting out music on the streets at maximum decibels till about 4 in the morning - must keep thousands awake every night.. only had one, then moved on - getting old, the music was too loud! No way that it would be permitted in the UK, noise abatement people would rightly be on it.

Great trip, very hot and humid weather but decent food and drink and City!

We stayed in Piraeus, found it hard to find anywhere on the Tuesday due to the holiday, but had some good food at one of the restaurants around the Marina. Annoyingly didn't walk as far round as the Amsterdam Bar so missed that. Wednesday went into Monistiraki Square, and spent the day around there. Best bar was the Kafeneion 111, although they were getting a bit twitchy about some of our more vocal supporters as the afternoon moved on. Savvas for food also v.good.

Strange thing we found was a couple of bars near our hotel after the match Apla Troumpa, near Gate 10 in Piraeus - practically deserted, in a residential area, but blasting out music on the streets at maximum decibels till about 4 in the morning - must keep thousands awake every night.. only had one, then moved on - getting old, the music was too loud! No way that it would be permitted in the UK, noise abatement people would rightly be on it.

Haha that sounds like Piraeus. My wife's family live here and they sleep through earthquakes, quite literally. We barely got a wink of sleep all week as we are soft twats who live in UK. They are as loud as Sicilians during the night round there. Music, car horns, motorbikes, cats, dogs.

One thing about Seville's record though. They hold the record for most UEFA cup/Europa league wins (6). However of the Super cup games against Champion League winners - they have lost all 6!

To be fair, if you’d have gone Amsterdam Bar on the Tuesday you wouldn’t have thought it would be that lively the next day! It was closed yesterday as well.

Speaking of bars in Piraeus…how many ‘dance/gentleman’ type clubs did it have, the street of my hotel alone must have had about 5 on it!

Yes mate. Is it true you can get a refund if it’s 3 + hours late? Sitting on the plane not moving for over an hour was grim.

from what I understand yeah.

I overheard it was due to a passenger changing flights, not informing them of the change and luggage was on our plane.

was a farce, 2 of my pals had to pay £45 each to get a paper boarding pass because the apps wouldn't work!

Joke right

Loved Pireaus Harbour. The Amsterdam bar was a great place do drink before the game.
Yes great spot, we followed a couple of Blues who were trying to find it, 8 hours down there.

Was in Theatro Sq Tuesday night, UEFA fan zone with their 35 Euro City baseball caps and other assorted shite.

I was going during the height of the hooligan days so I'm no shrinking violet, but some of our fanbase are so out of it at some games I'm not sure they even remember them lol. When I was younger it was booze and the odd spliff, now it seems there's a lot of coke about.
That's the thing with all seater stadiums they didn't foresee when they forced them onto football fans. If you wanted to act up, have a scrap, get slaughtered and fuck about you went onto the terraces. If you didn't you went into the seats. Now everyone is lumped in together.
Also if someone is being a twat and won't stop you can't clump them one as you risk getting kicked out yourself and a banning order.
So, are you Alty born and bred mate?

from what I understand yeah.

I overheard it was due to a passenger changing flights, not informing them of the change and luggage was on our plane.

was a farce, 2 of my pals had to pay £45 each to get a paper boarding pass because the apps wouldn't work!

Joke right
Had the same issue coming back from Istanbul with Wizz Air, £45 each for 3 of us.Its incredible how they survive.

Added them to easyjet as an airline I now refuse to fly with. Can cost me more money sometimes or even the same but a longer route but at least I know I have a fair chance of getting there.

Went out with Aegean and back with Jet2, the difference in quality was amazing, they actually seem to give a shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.