Sevilla pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart

Sagna - Otamendi - Kompany - Kolarov

Fernando - Yaya Toure - Fernandinho

Navas - Sterling - De Bruyne

*kompany on Kolarov's side to keep an eye on him
*yaya toure playing slightly ahead of the Ferns and not as a number 10. In other words he plays deeper than an attacker normally would
*hit them with our pace. A lot of us on here recognize the need to have sterling and not bony up top. Let's pray MP sees it that way as well
*this set up plays to KDB's strengths as it relieves him from some defensive work and frees him to do what he's fantastic at

For me our chances in this game come down to whether we play Bony or not.
Not knocking him as still hope he'll come good though as a seemingly confidence player dropping him will no doubt set him back but it needs to be done as this is not the game for him.
We're gonna be under a lot of pressure as its a must win game for them so we've got to counter attack perfectly and bony would hinder that as we need fast movement .
If we pose a real threat on the counter they will have to leave players back easing the presssure on our defence. Playing Bony and inevitably a slow build up will play right into their hands.
Anything bar a defeat will be a great result for us and I'd take a draw now

Bony advantage is he is the only attacker who can challenge for headers and provide us with a different route, thats why pellers preferes him i guess
I would play debruyne in bony role and have navas and sterling on the wing, with dino, nando and toure in the middle, solid midfield with pace to attack on the counters

I would go for the win. Considering Monchengladbachs recent run of form I wouldn't put it past them to nick something off us at the Etihad. 3 points on Tuesday and we look all set. I can see Juve struggling with their matches as well making it a good fight for first.

I would go for the win. Considering Monchengladbachs recent run of form I wouldn't put it past them to nick something off us at the Etihad. 3 points on Tuesday and we look all set. I can see Juve struggling with their matches as well making it a good fight for first.
Juve have quality though and given they are struggling in Serie A (although they won their Derby this weekend) they will give everything in the Champions League.

We are compromised a bit by the Premiership as all English clubs are. City are not at 100% at the moment and Sevilla are very strong at home. A point would be a great result.

Hart

Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Kolarov

Fernando
Fernandinho

Navas
KDB
Sterling

Bony

This! I agree we need a Derby performance, our target has to be not to lose this game. At the same time I don't want to see Yaya at number 10, think he was shit against United. Kevin in the center, searching for Navas and Raheem would be perfect for me. Just can't believe Pellegrini has the balls to put Yaya on the bench :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.