Shakhtar Away Thomas Cook

I will never use Thomas Cook Sport again after the Hoffenheim debacle. It was reasonable to expect that we would fly with Thomas Cook whom I regard as a trusted carrier, but they sub contracted the flight to Jet2. On the proposed booking itinerary we were to land at Stuttgart, the nearest airport, 65km from the stadium. In the event they dumped us at the haven of low landing fees at Frankfurt Hahn, where cheap carriers like Ryanair fly to. We were definitely not treated as customers paying a premium. On board safety demonstrations were half hearted, and seat belt checks non existent. The switch in airports resulted in a coach transfer of 190km, eating into our free time, an absolute joke. All this for the princely sum of £299 which included basic cold snacks both ways and a bottle of water on the coach. The trusted Thomas Cook rep was a clueless, bumbling incompetent. I could go on but you have been warned.

I've not used Thomas Cook since Hamburg, but I think we had to fly in and out of Hanover because Hamburg airport has a curfew (when planes aren't allowed to take off after a particular time of night), and I think Stuttgart has the same issue. I doubt Frankfurt International had the capacity, so Frankfurt Hahn may well be the closest airport that had the capacity and the ability for the plane to take off after the game.

Thomas Cook are an absolute pile of shit.
When Sports Options are not running or I am unable to make my own travel arrangements I will watch it on the box.
Fair play to all the Blue who endure them for one reason or another but they will never get my money.

well we've sold around 500 tickets so i am expecting this trip to happen now. although i did ring TC today and couldn't get through as all staff are training and wont be back until tomorrow afternoon...odd way to run a business

No option but to use TC for this one as I need to be back in Manchester morning after the game. I've used them once in the past for Juventus in the Europa Cup, good trip, hassle free (and possibly the coldest I've ever been at a game).

Got an email an hour ago from Thomas cook promoting it with 5.50 tickets as the headline.

I’ve booked the coach for spurs for 1p on my card !

Got an email an hour ago from Thomas cook promoting it with 5.50 tickets as the headline.

I’ve booked the coach for spurs for 1p on my card !

The 1p is a test to check the viability of your card. They will refund your card.

Never used TC, and don't think I ever will. Used Spike for Roma a few years ago and was v impressed. All other times, just done it myself.

Flying to Kiev, then 4 hour train to Kharkiv :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.