Shay Given signs for City

EastStandLower said:
Hollywood Blue said:
I'm happy about Given but really feel bad for Joe.
I hope he stays put and learns from Given.
Joe hasn't been bad for us this season, made a few mistakes but most keepers do.

Well said.

Agreed but he is young and he will only get better. He is only 21 and has already had nearly 2 seasons as a premier league number 1 - I'm not 100% but I'm willing to bet that is unprecidented.

Given will be a great mentor for him and will be a great addition to team. Much as I love Hart you have to consider how many top 6 sides in Europe have a goalkeeper in their early 20s

Really rate Given, just hope this won't mean Joe Hart moving on in the summer coz I think that lad will be England's number 1 in a few years. But we need competition for places everywhere and that includes in goal. Glad this is done now and hopefully some of these 'suprises' Cook mentioned a few months ago will happen tomorrow!

Good keeper, his experience of playing behind a shit defence will help him at our club.

We now have two quality keepers as all the best sides do, and he will help bring Joe on even more. Happy with this.

Great signing.Made up with this news

Probably the most consistent GK in the Premier League over the past 10 years.Joe Hart will have a great mentor in Shay Given.

Poor Hart. We need to do everything we can to keep hold of him in the summer.

staffs_blue said:
Great signing.Made up with this news

Probably the most consistent GK in the Premier League over the past 10 years.Joe Hart will have a great mentor in Shay Given.

Hart will have to get someone else to show him how to deal with corners & crosses, Given is a fantastic shot stopper but he just doesnt 'do' crosses.

moomba said:
mackenzie said:
Moomba, how can you say that a goalie wasn't a priority? If Hart had got injured long term then it would have been a nightmare.

For me this was one of the key positions that needed attention.

I'm not too bothered about this season, if Hart gets injured I'm happy enough with Kasper.

It's building toward a top 4 side that we need to do, and I think we already have the keeper (long term) for us.

But I do like Given, so I'm happy enough he's there.

I'd much rather have Given than Buffon. THAT would have smacked of Hart being completely sidelined.
Not sure about Caspar tbh. He is immature as a player and you only need to watch him compared to Hart to see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.