Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

Marvin said:
FUManUtd said:
we can not sell/loan given to arsenal, that would be a very stupid move
Would loaning/selling to Fulham be any better if that enables Schwarzer to go to Arsenal?

I know managers have be known to lie, but Wenger has repeatdely said he was not interested in Hart of Given

I think I'd prefer it if we sold Given. he is a top keeper, but we'll just have an unhappy player on our hands if we refuse to let him go

no i dont want to loan him to fulham either cuz of schwarzer.
we need to weaken our opponents, not strengthen them

Dont see the point of all of loaning to Fulham so Arsenal can get an equally good keeper on the cheap. It sounds ok on paper if we have a recall but he obviously wants away and was one of the trouble causing group when Hughes was sacked.

We may as well just sell him to Arsenal for what we paid for him if hes going to demand a move. No more stupid loans, Bellamy cost us £12 million and we wont get a penny back for him.

It remains to be seen if we can force robinho to take one of the offers on the table and get decent money back for him. RSC is another one clubs only want to loan. Takes the piss IMO.

alera said:
Dont see the point of all of loaning to Fulham so Arsenal can get an erqually good keeper on the cheap.

We may as well just sell him to Arsenal for waht we paid for him. Not more stupid loans, Bellamy cost us £12 million and we wont get a penny back for him.

It remains to be seen if we can force robinho to take one of the offers on the table and get decent money back for him. RSC is another one clubs only want to loan. Takes the piss IMO.
It's the result of putting them on big money though mate, the players won't take big wage drops and other clubs can't afford them as a result.

10.Goater_Legend said:
It's the result of putting them on big money though mate, the players won't take big wage drops and other clubs can't afford them as a result.

Totally agree. We cant force players out, clubs wont feel for them that much.

Well like Bellamy he will have to go out of the league then if its a loan, we dont want to be in directly helping Arsenal. He can go to Celtic on loan with an instant cast iron 24hr recall if we need him.

alera said:
Well like Bellamy he will have to go out of the league then if its a loan, we dont want to be in directly helping Arsenal. He can go to Celtic on loan with an instant cast iron 24hr recall if we need him.

That would be perfect.
Not even bothered where he goes, aslong as it isn't a team in the top half of the EPL. Bottom half is fine with me :)

I think when you start stooping someone go on loan because the person they're replacing is supposedly too goo for one of "our rivals", you're on tricky ground. Schwarzer's a good keeper but not that good.

Anyway, I don't think Given's that unhappy that he'll cause trouble. I don't think he's that sort. Too cool if you like. I went to see training today and the relationship between him, hart and Massimo is excellent... I reckon the new deal that will no doubt see him straight until the end of his (playing) career will just about swing it. If he can't go to Arsenal or similar then what's the point? He's got more chance of Hart getting injured than of anyone else winning anything. His best chance at glory and wealth is at MCFC.

End of.

Plus the fact, he's under contract to us remember. We are his boss. So we say look Shay we'd like to you to stay and you'll get plenty of games with the 4 competitions we are in. But if you want to go out on loan because you want to be first on the team sheet every game, then OK we're prepared to loan you out to Sunderland or whatever. But we are not loaning you to Arsenal, capiche? So it's up to you Shay, tell us what you want to do, but those are your options.

My prediction is that Arsenal will get Schwarzer then last minute on deadline day, Given will join Fulham on loan with a 24 hour call back clause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.