Shay v France

I think it's a better draw than getting Russia or Portugal, and it would be hilarious if we could knock them out. Just hope that luck is with us, but when push comes to shove, I would rather City won a top four place or a trophy than Ireland qualify any day of the week

bluedub said:
I think it's a better draw than getting Russia or Portugal, and it would be hilarious if we could knock them out. Just hope that luck is with us, but when push comes to shove, I would rather City won a top four place or a trophy than Ireland qualify any day of the week

Can you not want both? Why does everyone on this site have to slate international football in some shape or form. I'd love to see my country at the world cup and I'd love tp see City win something. No conflict of interest and I don't give a flying f*ck if it's uncool to want to see your national side do well.

Thanx4Knives said:
France under Domenech are woeful considering the squad they have, and it wasnt to long ago that Scotland turned them over. I think Ireland can definitly give them a run for their money!!

I can't believe he's still their manager.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Thanx4Knives said:
France under Domenech are woeful considering the squad they have, and it wasnt to long ago that Scotland turned them over. I think Ireland can definitly give them a run for their money!!

I can't believe he's still their manager.

Im gonna be brave and say this but I honestly think I could do a better job than that muppet! :)

Should I send my 'Football Manager' CV to the FFA??

C_T_I_D said:
From a selfish side I hope France knock them out personally. If Shay gets injured during International duty then we have to play Stuart Taylor and he is terrible!

1 taylor aint bad

2 if given did get injured ity will just buy a new keeper as its during the summer

dw7 said:
C_T_I_D said:
From a selfish side I hope France knock them out personally. If Shay gets injured during International duty then we have to play Stuart Taylor and he is terrible!

1 taylor aint bad

2 if given did get injured ity will just buy a new keeper as its during the summer

We wouldnt even have to buy anyone as Hart would be back.

solley attwell said:
Would have preferred us to get russia.The plastic pitch would'nt bother us since we play most of our football in the sky ,but now that we've got france we should burst a gut to dump that fucker Platini on his hole to deny his lickle country a place in south africa especially after the seedings fiasco which he had a hand in

Russia would have been a disaster, away in Russia, the pitch would have been shocking, the temp would have killed our players.

France is a bit of a disaster as well, hoped and prayed we'd get Greece, but it wasn't to be, at least it wasn't Portugal we got.
France on their day have so much class, too much class.
If we can some how keep the French out and win at home, or even just a 0-0 would be great, then we've a shot all right. But it's typical isn't it. We work so hard to actually get into a position of going to the world cup and we get it thrown in our face.
On another note though, I couldn't have taken if the qualifiers weren't seeded and we failed to play and qualify against a shitty team, that would have been too much.
And we do tend to play much better when we're the underdogs against better and bigger teams then us.
I predict Shay, Dunne and O Shea having such a busy night on the 2 legs, they'll be our keys players, without question.
Hopefully Keane and Doyle will be able to find the ball and score goals for us. But for that to happen we need a decent midfield which we don't have. We've very little class in our midfield, so it's pretty much long ball all the time.
You've got players like O Shea hitting out balls that he would get murdered for doing with Man U. It just wouldn't happen.
We've got such a poor midfield. The players in there work their socks off, they try really hard, but at the end of the day we lack talent there. We're missing players, players who are killing themselves to get back into the squad, and of course the one who'd rather hit a punching bag then go to the World cup, but we're lacking players there and stupid decisons to not get them in could cost us massively.

We played France there a campaign or so ago, don't think it was that bad to be fair. And to those who say that they don't want us to qualify because they don't want to see Given get injured, or whatever. Why would you want to deny a player the chance to play at the world cup, on the biggest stage of all, against the best in the world.
It's every (well) players dream. And it makes them better players for it.
Why deny them the chance.
Given was given the nickname Lazarus by the Toon players for a reason. He could get injured on international duty (*touch wood) but he could also get injured at City. We can't wrap players in bubblewrap because of ifs and maybes.

blue_paul said:
There's just too much class in the French side, Henry, Benzema, Ribery etc.
Terrible draw although if we don't concede at home first leg, who knows!

maybe so...but the fact that they too are in the play offs speaks volumes...class players yes, but not a good team..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.