Shay v France

The French aren't the team they once was. If they were playing well they should of topped there group. Saying that I fear for the Irish we dont have a chance going to France we will need at least a 2-3 goal lead heading there. With this Irish team they are so negative it is a joke we will take a lead in the game and will sit back and defend which causes problems. I feel that we will win the home leg and hope to fuck we get a result in Paris.

What we have to look at we are unbeaten but out of the 10 games we only won 4 games against Georgia and Cyprus and draw the rest. That is the biggest fear I have with this team is we couldn't win all of our home games we dropped 6 points at home which isn't good enough. I can see Ireland going out on away goals or penos.

Fifa fucked us good and hard we may not have the glamour players that the French have but we have a team that will try and give it is all on the day. I hope to fuck nothing happens to McGeady as he will be our key in these games and he needs to be on the ball as much as he can.

Fuck the frenchies...go Irish...and they actually have a real shot. France isn't what they were in the last word cup...nothing close. It's going to be tough for Ireland, but they have a legit chance.

it wasn't so long a go we absolutely played them off the field in Paris and came away with a 0-0, John O'Jaysus missed an absolute sitter the same night.

If we can get a cup final atmosphere at Croke Park and get the French fans on their own teams back after 20 minutes of kick and run in Paris we can do them.

I hope.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Hope they do it.

Bollocks, Portugal got Bosnia, that means tranny will probably be at South Africa.

Dont bank on it mate, Bosnia arnt a bad side, they have some great attacking players and scored more goals in qualification than everyone except Spain, England and Germany, they finished ahead of Turkey in qualification and could spring a surprise.

blue_paul said:
bluedub said:
I think it's a better draw than getting Russia or Portugal, and it would be hilarious if we could knock them out. Just hope that luck is with us, but when push comes to shove, I would rather City won a top four place or a trophy than Ireland qualify any day of the week

Can you not want both? Why does everyone on this site have to slate international football in some shape or form. I'd love to see my country at the world cup and I'd love tp see City win something. No conflict of interest and I don't give a flying f*ck if it's uncool to want to see your national side do well.
Of course you can want both, I just said hypothetically that if I was offered a choice between the two, I'd go for City every time. Nothing wrong with that. International football to me just doesn't hold the same interest as it once did. I suppose I began to lose interest when Keane got himself thrown out of Japan/Korea 2002. From the moment we lost to Spain in the second round, it became a bit of a trivial thing for me. Of course I want Ireland to do well, but I don't think they have the players to do really well at a tournament in the way they did at Italia 90 for example. I never said it was uncool, just not my cup of tea anymore that's all. The best way to measure is by how nervous I feel during games. I was so nervous during the derby game, I even got a bit nervous yesterday and against West Ham at home, but with Ireland, I hardly ever get nervous, the one time I did was when we took a 2-1 lead against Italy, I just knew we'd throw it back at them! Each to their own is my motto

leighton said:
The French aren't the team they once was. If they were playing well they should of topped there group. Saying that I fear for the Irish we dont have a chance going to France we will need at least a 2-3 goal lead heading there. With this Irish team they are so negative it is a joke we will take a lead in the game and will sit back and defend which causes problems. I feel that we will win the home leg and hope to fuck we get a result in Paris.

What we have to look at we are unbeaten but out of the 10 games we only won 4 games against Georgia and Cyprus and draw the rest. That is the biggest fear I have with this team is we couldn't win all of our home games we dropped 6 points at home which isn't good enough. I can see Ireland going out on away goals or penos.

Fifa fucked us good and hard we may not have the glamour players that the French have but we have a team that will try and give it is all on the day. I hope to fuck nothing happens to McGeady as he will be our key in these games and he needs to be on the ball as much as he can.

I don't think it matters one bit with this Irish team whether we're home or away first. They'll either show up and do it or they wont.
As for the comment about us sitting back and defending after we score a goal, you're wrong, we don't sit back and defend, we just sit back. Nothing else, and time after time after time, we concede in the space of 5 minutes after we score a goal. We've done it something like 6 times in 9 games. A 0-0 at home would be excellent first off and hope and pray that we can some how score away from home.
That or hope Given has a good day with the penalities.
Whatever happens, I just hope that if we don't qualify, it wont be on the basis of an individual error.

McGeady could be a key player for us, but I don't know about you, but in our last game of the group, I was having a mini heartattack anytime Given went near the ball, cause he was on a booking. McGeady we could have lived without. But Given, we might as well have not turned up to the qualifiers if he had gotten booked. Thank God he didn't though.
But I think McGeady on form will really get under the French skin. He's probably our only decent way of getting the ball from the backs to the forwards, because our midfield is a joke when it comes to moving the ball around.

I don't think we'll qualify, I can imagine the scenes if we qualified and it puts the biggest smile on my face, but thinking about what it'll be like when, well if, we don't..it's just heartbreaking.
Like I said, I hope it's not an individual error from one of our players or the ref, because that would be too much to live with.

Expect Given to get a yellow in the first leg (thereby missing the return) and Platini to make sure the ref gets some of the plum games at the world cup finals. Not to worry though, because Paul McShane will suddenly discover some hitherto well-hidden talent for association football and will be completely unfazed by the overlapping runs of Evra - so much so, that he'll even have time to pop up front for five minutes and score a hat-trick!

As for the seeding? If you were the CEO of say, McDonald's or Coca Cola, would you be pumping a hefty wad of sponsorship - in this financial climate, especially - into a world cup that had only half of the world's stars? Yeah, it has nothing to do with sportsmanship and yeah again, it stinks to high heaven - but, sadly, it's either that or no world cup at all, in the modern age.

Would love to see Ireland in South Africa but it ain't gonna happen, sadly.
Go on Ireland - please prove me wrong!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.