Shay

Loss of form, seems a little distracted by something but he'll get over it and play a blinder vs the dippers...you'll see.

Any other position on the pitch with form like he's in, he'd be dropped. Obviously we don't have quality like Hart sitting on the bench but even Taylor can't be worse than Given is at the moment.

The defense can't have any confidence in him either which could explain, a bit, why we are so all over the place.

He has been awful for ages and it seems he's just getting worse and worse.

Hart must be our number 1 next season.

Ive said he isnt good enough for weeks, I think the responses I have received on here include

"Fuck off"

"Fuck off, you are not a real fan"

"Fuck off to the swamp"

"Fuck off rag"

and my personal favourite which I received on here after Saturdays game

"Fuck off dickhead"!

I would just like to apologise to Shay for proving me wrong yet again with a stunning display this evening!

Can I add that on the goal disallowed never before have I seen a goalkeeper jump, stretch his arms upwards yet get shorter, by the time Shawcross headed it Givens total height was about 3' 7"!

Xavvi said:
He's over-rated as hell, so many goals have been conceded thanks to his incompetence at claiming shots. Hart back for next season please.

his not over-rated - have you been watching the league since 3 weeks ago

OrigamiNinja said:
Ive said he isnt good enough for weeks, I think the responses I have received on here include

"Fuck off"

"Fuck off, you are not a real fan"

"Fuck off to the swamp"

"Fuck off rag"

and my personal favourite which I received on here after Saturdays game

"Fuck off dickhead"!

I would just like to apologise to Shay for proving me wrong yet again with a stunning display this evening!

Can I add that on the goal disallowed never before have I seen a goalkeeper jump, stretch his arms upwards yet get shorter, by the time Shawcross headed it Givens total height was about 3' 7"!

Spot on mate - Givens had this coming for a while - been poor a couple of months now and he needs to step up to the plate big time

OrigamiNinja said:

I like Shay, but he definitely misjudged that jump, going too late.....very poor....

Still prefer him over JH though.........(Just)

kippaxwarrior said:
like i said before i think the france game has really affected him, not really been the same since

Well he better get to the docs for some pills because he is truly shocking at the minute. I mean as much as I think he is vastly over-rated I would have put my house on him saving their goal tonight because for all his faults he is a good shot stopper but if he loses that side of his game then to be perfectly honest there is fuck all left!

" Lucky Toma Post subject: Re: Shay Given haters???Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Posts: 115 I've mentioned elsewhere about Shay's distribution. About how he kicks to safe areas rather than to a specific target.
He has done this throughout his entire career and will not stop now he's in his thirties. For him its percentages and purposeful - his two key objectives are not to mis-kick and to clear the ball to safety.
So instead of aiming your ire towards Shay why not look towards who can remedy this situation ie the players who are situated near to those areas that Shay will ALWAYS clear to.
This wasnt a problem at Newcastle because the wide players were obviously told to drop deep whenever the ball was rolling towards their keeper ready to be pumped forward. There was also, I assume, a better understanding between Shearer and Given than there is between Ade and Shay (which surely is something that can be worked on in training?)
There's no point moaning about something that will not change. The players instead need to adapt to it.
After only a couple of games looking out for this I was able to qucikly get a 'read' on where Shay was going to kick the ball just by where in the area he was kicking from and at what speed. He is ultra-consistent in where he kicks to in various situations. So if I can do that why the f*** can't the players??? "

Where's Lucky Toma when you need him?

This thread is unbelievable.
Shay Given has been outstanding all season and yes he dropped a bollock tonight...He'll know that and he won't drop another one anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.