Shea Charles | Signed by Southampton for £10.5m

He seems to have come on in leaps and bounds this season and cannot be held back any longer. He is now a full international who needs first team football which we cannot provide. A move for regular action is the only sensible option. Wish him well.

We have a glut of kids banging on the first team football door.....i think we will see quite a few exits this summer.

There’s definitely interest in the lad.
And the authors mention that he might go to Dortmund? Well, if he looks at how Phil Foden developed by staying here and how Sancho developed by going to Dortmund then he’d laugh at them.

Last edited:
There’s definitely interest in the lad.
And the authors mention that he might go to Dortmund? Well, if he looks at how Phil Foden developed by staying here and how Sancho developed by going to Dortmund then he’d laugh at them.

Sancho made the wrong move to united otherwise he would have developed a lot more.
99% of lads at city academy have to move on simple as that. Even the lads that have almost broke through like Rico Lewis and Cole palmer will most likely end up on loan.

You can’t just use Phil Foden as an example, they’re all on different paths to Phil.

Developed so well but cruising in u21 and needs step up. Hope he gets good move, the sort of player managers would love, goes quietly and effectively about his business.

Sancho made the wrong move to united otherwise he would have developed a lot more.
99% of lads at city academy have to move on simple as that. Even the lads that have almost broke through like Rico Lewis and Cole palmer will most likely end up on loan.

You can’t just use Phil Foden as an example, they’re all on different paths to Phil.

I understand that. But Sancho was offered a forward contract with City so there must have been a notion that it was possible to develop him further in-house at the club?

It’s no secret that the players who don’t quite have it are moved on regardless and the players who might come good with experience elsewhere are sold with a buy-back or loaned.
I don’t claim to be anything other than a guesser, like everyone else in here, but I think that Sancho could have taken a better development path by accepting City’s offer to extend his contract - maybe it was Sancho or maybe his agents greed that spurred him to leave the academy but IMO he’d be a better player today if he’d stuck with those who’d taken him to such a promising level for his age.

btw. I’ll probably be proven wrong (yet again) but I think we’ll keep Rico Lewis because Pep seems to have enough trust in him. I think Rico is one of the few rare exceptions that will take the same path as Foden did.

PS. That we can discuss this in the manner we do shows how good our academy is.

I understand that. But Sancho was offered a forward contract with City so there must have been a notion that it was possible to develop him further in-house at the club?

It’s no secret that the players who don’t quite have it are moved on regardless and the players who might come good with experience elsewhere are sold with a buy-back or loaned.
I don’t claim to be anything other than a guesser, like everyone else in here, but I think that Sancho could have taken a better development path by accepting City’s offer to extend his contract - maybe it was Sancho or maybe his agents greed that spurred him to leave the academy but IMO he’d be a better player today if he’d stuck with those who’d taken him to such a promising level for his age.

btw. I’ll probably be proven wrong (yet again) but I think we’ll keep Rico Lewis because Pep seems to have enough trust in him. I think Rico is one of the few rare exceptions that will take the same path as Foden did.

PS. That we can discuss this in the manner we do shows how good our academy is.
I thought that Sancho had agreed something with Pep, at the gentleman's handshake level, but that the offer of immediate and significant playing time at Dortmund made Sancho change his mind. No formal contract at that stage, nothing legally binding, just the handshake. Pep a trifle naive? Product of a different era? Or maybe I have got it all wrong - I hope so, because it doesn't feel good. Anyway Sancho was very young at the time.

I thought that Sancho had agreed something with Pep, at the gentleman's handshake level, but that the offer of immediate and significant playing time at Dortmund made Sancho change his mind. No formal contract at that stage, nothing legally binding, just the handshake. Pep a trifle naive? Product of a different era? Or maybe I have got it all wrong - I hope so, because it doesn't feel good. Anyway Sancho was very young at the time.

I have not a clue mate, all I do is listen to the stuff we all get fed and throw guesses at it.
Whatever the case, Sancho, who was once talked about as being alongside Foden at a young age, is certainly not at Fodens level now. . . not by a country mile.
It’s comical, Untied supporters are ripping him apart, for his meh performances, and cursing his £350kpw salary because “they’ll never be able to sell the waste of time on such dickhead wages“ . . .

IMO ‘he was good for his age’ will be his epitaph.

PS. If he’d stayed at City I think he’d have become something special and, regardless, he’d at least have got a shed load of winners medals before being shipped out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.