Sheffield away - need travel advice

UncleBerbs

Team supported
Manchester City
Hi guys, I will be visiting the UK for the first time and have a ticket to Sheffield away. I will need to arrange travel from London (Leicester Square/Soho area) to Bramall Lane. I wanted to book train tickets but I’m a little worried about the strikes causing issues. What is the best way to get to Sheffield from where I am staying and what do I do if there are strikes announced during that time?

Also, my tickets are going to be sent to my residential address in Australia but I am currently in Europe and won’t be back home until after the game. I’ve spoken to the club and they said I can pick it up from Sheffield a few hours before the game. Has anyone done this before and can you please help me with how yo get my tickets without any issues on the day? I asked if I could pick the tickets up from Manchester directly and was told that I couldn’t do that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi mate,

So your nearest train station is Charing Cross but you'll need to change at St Pancras to go to Sheffield Station (obviously this is if there's no strikes). It's a bank holiday weekend here for that game so the train guys would come under massive criticism if they planned strikes on that Sunday - so I think you'll be ok by train.

Might be worth getting in touch with any Supporter Clubs in London to see if they have a coach organised (they will do). I'm sure they'll help if they have space.

Other than that bud it might be a car hire job and take the hit with a 4 hour drive! Stay in a hotel in Sheffield and do the return trip the next day.

You had to visit London on the weekend we play an up North team didn't you!

Hi mate,

So your nearest train station is Charing Cross but you'll need to change at St Pancras to go to Sheffield Station (obviously this is if there's no strikes). It's a bank holiday weekend here for that game so the train guys would come under massive criticism if they planned strikes on that Sunday - so I think you'll be ok by train.

Might be worth getting in touch with any Supporter Clubs in London to see if they have a coach organised (they will do). I'm sure they'll help if they have space.

Other than that bud it might be a car hire job and take the hit with a 4 hour drive! Stay in a hotel in Sheffield and do the return trip the next day.

You had to visit London on the weekend we play an up North team didn't you!
Haha yeah just ended up being Sheffield while I’m staying in London. Thanks for your response though - that’s super helpful! Do you know the best way I can get in touch with the supporter clubs in London? Thanks again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.