Sheffield away - need travel advice

After 5 or 6 years of running a branch and not taking a ticket out of the Supporters Club pot, I’m seriously considering giving myself a ticket. That is due to all the belly aching on here. I get to most of the aways I really want to go to on my points anyway. I’ve lost interest in joining the glory seekers going to Anfield or the swamp.

Today we have our AGM and away tickets will barely get a mention since they aren’t a big priority for us. Like the majority Branches in Britain, we get 2 tickets for away games through the OSC and a few more for the game against our closest geographical rivals. It was Leeds, and now it’s Sheff Utd.

We have about 200 members.

After 5 or 6 years of running a branch and not taking a ticket out of the Supporters Club pot, I’m seriously considering giving myself a ticket. That is due to all the belly aching on here. I get to most of the aways I really want to go to on my points anyway. I’ve lost interest in joining the glory seekers going to Anfield or the swamp.

Today we have our AGM and away tickets will barely get a mention since they aren’t a big priority for us. Like the majority Branches in Britain, we get 2 tickets for away games through the OSC and a few more for the game against our closest geographical rivals. It was Leeds, and now it’s Sheff Utd.

We have about 200 members.
The absolute least you deserve!

When you get to Sheffield train station don't ask the local cops the way to the ground. Bastards tried to send me in completely the wrong direction so that I'd get a kicking. Fortunately, a local overheard and put me right.

Don’t worry about it mate, the stick you’ve got here is nothing personal.

Many people have frustrations about every aspect of the ticketing system City use - including the ticket points system. It’s mostly self preservation, which ultimately means the same people always attend away fixtures, as they’ve had the privilege of doing for many years already. To be honest a hell of a lot of people think that isn’t fair either.

There’s also a lot of hypocrisy as PB alluded to. If you couldn’t make the fixture and offered your ticket on here, the most of the same people would rip your hand off, no questions asked.

Can’t believe you were charged a grand a half for two for Newcastle as well - that shows the lengths you’d go to to watch City but also what a crazy world we live in that they can charge you that. Hopefully the £30 ticket for Sheffield United makes up for that a bit.

Enjoy - you’ve got two great fixtures to look forward to and the atmosphere should be excellent for both.
Thank you so much mate, your message means a lot. Can’t wait :)

When you get to Sheffield train station don't ask the local cops the way to the ground. Bastards tried to send me in completely the wrong direction so that I'd get a kicking. Fortunately, a local overheard and put me right.
Turn left, walk past the famous leadmill straight on, turn right at dual carriageway . 15 mins. Don't get mouthy...or u will get it in the subway!
One of my favourite grounds...proper old school

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.