Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Why didn't Walker come back on the pitch after his brain fart? Did he really think he couldn't affect offside if he was off the pitch?

"A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area."
Don't think he's got past Janet and John yet.

I'd love us to get Ezé before the window closes, as we need more creativity, pace & jeopardy in our forward & wide play. .....
How does pace helps you against 10 men in the box defending like a shooting squad is waiting for them if they concede. Eze's value would drop 95% the first time he encounters defence like SU today or WHU on Saturday. Ask Jack who has been constantly harassed and kicked and tugged by 2-3 defenders

I'm still not sure how their player isn't interfering with play as he's right on top of Ederson, although someone said Walker played him on.

Hello my City friends . Just got back from beautiful downtown Bramall Lane and I trust you all had a fun day out . It’s the hope that kills you in football and so was the case today . I thought we surprised a few with nil at half time by the grace of god . I know know I will get slaughtered on here but it wasn’t a pen . Where for FS do you put your arms stretching for that block . Anyway we dodged that bullet only for giraffe neck to do us . Kyle was blades man of the match for us again with his assist but once again we mastered our downfall. No bitching about refs/bar as it makes f**k all difference . Hope you found the lane like Maine Rd in the old days . My City other half will at least let me sleep in the same room tonight . Good luck for the rest of the season though you won’t need it and we will try and spanner the toon for you .
Up the blades ⚔️⚔️⚔️
Under the current laws of the game, it was definitely a penalty. Now; you can argue all you like about the rules. And I wouldn't be unsympathetic towards you on that score. But the incident met all the criteria for a penalty these days. Your giraffe neck comment; I understand that some will find it funny, I guess. I don't, particularly. Maybe that's just me with my Victor Meldrew hat on, though. I wasn't impressed with really your rough house tactics. But I guess you've got to do whatever it takes to get a result. You wouldn't have deserved a result, though, based on the stats and the chances we missed (not even counting the penalty). And your keeper chucking in a MOTM display for you. Anyway; all the best for the season. Though I feel it could be a long slog for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.