Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I agree on Brentford, a great scouting system and done fantastic. Bournemouth have spent huge sums and still struggles to stay up (as I said earlier whenever I see them I find them quite a cynical team). We do need to become more attack minded (not too much), but given the pre season we have had it may take a bit of time. How about if you give us Mcatee, we promise not to park the bus at he Etihad?!
Not sure he is what you need tbh . You showed some pace when you went a goal behind your manager needs to utilise that better and play on the front foot instead of dropping back too deep . Results and goals bring confidence and then it is a whole new ball game ! ;-)

How is saying City has always been a massive club something to be critical of! I know my football more than most, I know City were huge in the 70's, they won various trophies, they were and have always been a big club. I started following football in the late 80's when I recall City were not as strong as the days with Bell, Summerbee, Lee etc, but they were not shit either, not in my book! City under Kendall were decent, they had some decent times under Peter Reid, under Royle and Keegan were great sides to watch, they had some really good players, particularly under Keegan they spent well. I recall the quality of those sides; they were definitely not shit, it's just a chant that football fans say because it's easy to say.

Ok, it might be "bingo" when I say I preferred City then, I'm not anti Man City at all and that includes now. I'm not getting into the ongoing stuff of accusations v City from UEFA but I just want to see a model that is sustainable for all, call me a dreamer as Brian Clough said, one not run by people with insane money. A league where we can have 51% ownership like in Germany. That's what I want and it will never happen. So any post on money is not particularly aimed at City. I've always respected City and even though I prefer City of old, I didn't see it as shit as I say, but City of old or like anyone without serious backing (just look at Leeds now who despite been a huge club find themselves back in the Championship ) just can't compete at the very top- not to win trophies anyway, it's sad but but it's the model we have allowed to flourish in this country.
The German model involves state subsidies, including discounted travel, covering discounts on match and season tickets, development grants to cover stadium development. Its a one team league, with virtually every other club teetering on folding every season. As for Brian Clough bollocks, Forrest, that's Forrest with average gates below 30,000 (when we still had standing), paid a world record for a goalkeeper and then equalled the world record when they bought Trevor Francis. Every team that's ever won the league, has had significant financial backing.

I agree on Brentford, a great scouting system and done fantastic. Bournemouth have spent huge sums and still struggles to stay up (as I said earlier whenever I see them I find them quite a cynical team). We do need to become more attack minded (not too much), but given the pre season we have had it may take a bit of time. How about if you give us Mcatee, we promise not to park the bus at he Etihad?!

I'll settle for you not trying to cripple our players.

"Can we talk about Rodri"...

yes-great.gif
“ Why can‘t you hear me clear? what? I can’t hear you too “

Heckingbottom calling for var to be scrapped as he disagreed with City pen?
Pretty sure the ref gave it straight away, didn't he? So not var awarded, and didn't look too controversial to me, arm in air blocking the cross into the box.
There was plenty that var should have been looking at, like the rugby tackle approach for the marking of Haaland in the box...

The German model involves state subsidies, including discounted travel, covering discounts on match and season tickets, development grants to cover stadium development. Its a one team league, with virtually every other club teetering on folding every season. As for Brian Clough bollocks, Forrest, that's Forrest with average gates below 30,000 (when we still had standing), paid a world record for a goalkeeper and then equalled the world record when they bought Trevor Francis. Every team that's ever won the league, has had significant financial backing.
Except for the rags. Did it with all their own money, dontcha know.

A 5.5/10 performance from us. On another day Alvarez scores the early chance and Haaland scores the penalty and its a totally different game.

The formation we played yesterday does not suit the personnel we have available, Kyle Walker should not be involved in offensive phases, Bernardo and Kova should only play together in a double-pivot when Rodri is rested. Injuries have forced us to play that system, its clear that Pep still wants to use the inverted CB, Stones is a BIG miss, Akanji played well againts N'castle in that role and we'll need him back vs Fulham, hopefully Stones is back after the Int'break.
5.5 out of 10.
or 11/20.
Nah!

17/20 I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.