Sheffield United (A) - Sun 27th Aug, 14:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I was at Bramall Lane, the ground only had three stands. The other side was open with a clear view to the cricket pavilion In the far distance. Apparently Yorkshire County Cricket only used to stage four matches a season in Sheffield. The inevitable happened and Yorkshire were evicted and a fourth stand was eventually built.

It was a scary place to go at times. Apparently visiting supporters (probably United) perfected the art of throwing bottles at the low overhanging purlins so that they would shatter all over the home supporters below.

I went to a number of matches there and still share a degree of respect for the Blades‘ support. They are generally decent fans.

Ive had a look at awaygames website and the only pub open before 11am is the Wetherspoons on the far side of the ground (The Sheaf). So I will be having brekkie there, any recommendations on where to go after 11am? cheers

Route wise, anyone use the A57 on a regular basis. I've been told to avoid it regular bottlenecks seem a problem. Advice appreciated, thanks.
I used to as went uni in Sheffield.
Bad at rush hour during the week but doubt it will be much of a problem on a sunday once you get through Glossop.
Woodhead brings you out at the other end of the city so snake pass will be better barring a major crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.