Sheffield United (A) - Sun 27th Aug, 14:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick off time 14:00 (BST).

Live on Sky Sports for those in the UK.

The 8 day rest feels bizarre but given our injury problems I think we need it. Might give us a chance to bring in a new face as well.

Seems a pretty straight forward task in front of us, Sheffield United don't look equipped to stay in the Premier League, certainly not the same Sheffield United that were tough to break down last time they were in the league. They've lost their first 2 games to Palace and Forest.

Got to be a game we're looking to win.

Early team prediction would be unchanged from tonight. Can't see Stones being fit. Bernardo may be back though. Maybe give Ake a run out.

-------------Ederson
Walker---Dias---Akanji---Gvardiol
----------Kovacic---Rodri
Foden-------Alavrez-------Grealish
-------------Haaland
No reason why Foden shouldn’t start in the middle imo.

Moraes
Walker Dias Gvardiol
Akanji Rodri
Bernardo Kovacic Foden Grealish
Haaland​

No reason why Foden shouldn’t start in the middle imo.

Moraes
Walker Dias Gvardiol
Akanji Rodri
Bernardo Kovacic Foden Grealish
Haaland​

He didn't really start in the middle last night, he just came into the middle a lot as Walker pushed on, I expect the same here.

Hopefully have a few new players in the squad for this.

I dont think this will happen but if phillips is in peps plans in any way this season then this would be an ideal game to play him in. Give rodri few extra days rest this week and let him sit this one out just to look after him and give him a reset.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake
Phillips
Kovacic
Foden
Palmer
Alvarez
Haaland

Want to see gvardiol in the left sided stones role. Much more suited to it than akanji in my eyes just don't think he's had enough time on the training pitch to put him in there yet. The 8 days between games and on paper a weak opposition could be enough for us to test it out. Already reasoned picking phillips even though I think it's almost certainly not going to happen. Palmer has had a better pre-season/start to the season than grealish and if he's to be a genuine part of the squad this season these are the games he should be looking for starts and not just minutes once games are won. Bernardo to get minutes from the bench if he's recovered from his illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.