Sheffield United (H) | Post-Match Thread

So you're not wrong, but I think the record being spoken of here has been classified as wins within 90 minutes.
I know, but the record (posted above from ‘English football records’) doesn’t state ‘in 90 mins’. The governing body says a win on pens is a win... that’ll do for me. The reason I’m so keen on this is Sky actually said that Arsenal had the record with 12, I knew what they were getting at. Here’s food for thought, a few years ago, Utd went on a huge unbeaten run, however they lost one of the legs in a 2 legged tie, but because they won the tie... their run continued...officially.

Anyone noticed that Fordyboy didn’t post once in January? A month where we won every single game. He’s still viewing the forum as well as he was on today.

@Ric Is he finally banned for pretending to be a City fan?

yeah. Always wondered about him. Always underlying criticism in his posts

I know, but the record (posted above from ‘English football records’) doesn’t state ‘in 90 mins’. The governing body says a win on pens is a win... that’ll do for me. The reason I’m so keen on this is Sky actually said that Arsenal had the record with 12, I knew what they were getting at. Here’s food for thought, a few years ago, Utd went on a huge unbeaten run, however they lost one of the legs in a 2 legged tie, but because they won the tie... their run continued...officially.
Fair enough. Although on your last point, I've heard it stated countless times we've not lost in the Carabao Cup since 2016, despite losing to United last year but winning the overall tie. So I'd argue the stupidity is consistent.

Fair enough. Although on your last point, I've heard it stated countless times we've not lost in the Carabao Cup since 2016, despite losing to United last year but winning the overall tie. So I'd argue the stupidity is consistent.
Good point mate. They should say we’ve not lost a tie in the Carabou. Cup.

So you're not wrong, but I think the record being spoken of here has been classified as wins within 90 minutes.
That’s very specific and don’t quite understand why this would be stated. Surely all that does is erase the previous classified 20 wins from history?

The record is for games in all competitions and for that the rules of that competition apply. A win in extra-time in the cup games is classified as a win, not a draw at 90 minutes, so the record is 20 wins, is it not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.