Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheff Utd look a big and industrial side. My worry is injuries to City players.
I don’t know where we get this reputation for big players, I sometimes think people still think Dave Bassett is our manager. Berge is admittedly 6’4”, but is as soft as marshmallow and can’t head a ball to save his life. We seriously lack height, and pace too. We can be cynical, it’s fair to say, and have a handful of players who relish a bit of a scrap.
Ndaiye is an outstanding footballer, better than McCatee and Doyle by a distance. Berger oozes class when he wants to but more often than not plays it a bit safe, much to our frustration. Norwood is a superb passer of the ball. Ahmedhodzic at the back is another one destined to play at the top level, with or without us being promoted.
Upshot is, your lads will get tripped over a lot but unlikely to be clattered all over the place. Which I suspect won’t stop them rolling about as if shot, but that’s the game isn’t it?

I could just see Pep going strong in this. Which would be annoying as he has made loads of changes in the semi before against much harder opposition. The reason I say its annoying is I think we will get past them with a fair rotated side.

I don’t really know what team Pep will put out on Saturday but I am expecting to see Walker, Foden and Mahrez starting. We may also see Alvarez and Phillips. I think it will depend if Pep decides to hit Sheffield hard early and try to win the game by half time or make changes and bring on the “stars” if needed later in the game.

I don’t know where we get this reputation for big players, I sometimes think people still think Dave Bassett is our manager. Berge is admittedly 6’4”, but is as soft as marshmallow and can’t head a ball to save his life. We seriously lack height, and pace too. We can be cynical, it’s fair to say, and have a handful of players who relish a bit of a scrap.
Ndaiye is an outstanding footballer, better than McCatee and Doyle by a distance. Berger oozes class when he wants to but more often than not plays it a bit safe, much to our frustration. Norwood is a superb passer of the ball. Ahmedhodzic at the back is another one destined to play at the top level, with or without us being promoted.
Upshot is, your lads will get tripped over a lot but unlikely to be clattered all over the place. Which I suspect won’t stop them rolling about as if shot, but that’s the game isn’t it?
I really like the look of Ndaiye

Have City stayed in Munch to rest, recuperate and train lightly before going directly to The Grove tomorrow ?

Pep likes to get the players well rested and recovered before 'stressful' travel.

In this case it would reduce travel, ease logistics and be a more relaxed schedule, all of which could be helpful for Saturday.

As an aside,I thought Munch's pitch was a dangerous disgrace.

If it was prepared specifically like that to hinder us I'm glad it back fired with Fuckupameccano slipping on his arse agin the Viking !!

Tommy Turtle is a proper dangerous **** !!

We don’t tend to roll about as though we’ve been shot.

Has anyone received their coach ticket to Wembley for Saturday? I booked the match and coach ticket together, but I've received no coach ticket and neither has my mate. All I've had is my match ticket that I've downloaded to my wallet. I don't even know what time the coaches leave The Etihad for Wembley. Advice would be gratefully welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.