Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely day. The sun is shining, Arsenal unexpectedly dropped points last night and I am off to Wembley for the 13th semi or final in the past 12 years. The latter stat is still hard for me to believe, because 14 or 15 years ago, I thought I would never see City in a semi or a final, let alone win the zillions of trophies we have done since then. Most people say that it was the 2011 FA Cup semi against United that was the "turning point" in our fortunes, but I think it was one year earlier, in the League Cup semi at the Etihad. I remember there was a "Blue Moon Rising" lightshow before the game which created an electric atmosphere and spurred us on to a 2-1 victory. I came away with a real buzz that night, feeling that we might just be at the very start of something very special. Even though we lost the second leg, the rest, as they say, is history.

I know its only Sheffield United and I get all the reasons why various fans cannot attend today. But I feel like a ten-year old, going to Wembley for the first time and I can't help feeling excited. Long may this feeling last, it is a fantastic time to be a Blue!

Stuck at home with COVID, but no way we should treat this lightly. One game from the final. I don't mind Alvarez starting or Ortega, but I do want to see the likes of Kev and Rodri there. Sheff Utd are a tough, physical side, we need to compete today.

Difficult team to predict today. He’ll obviously rotate a bit with one eye on the Arsenal game, but won’t risk an upset by making too many changes with a possible treble on the line. Complete guess, but maybe something like this:

Ortega
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Lewis
Rodri
Gundogan
Bernardo
Mahrez
Foden
Alvarez
Rodri out and Haaland in, Foden playing deeper.
Haaland does less running than the others and no reason he can’t and won’t want to play, he’ll be itching to add to that total.

What a lovely day. The sun is shining, Arsenal unexpectedly dropped points last night and I am off to Wembley for the 13th semi or final in the past 12 years. The latter stat is still hard for me to believe, because 14 or 15 years ago, I thought I would never see City in a semi or a final, let alone win the zillions of trophies we have done since then. Most people say that it was the 2011 FA Cup semi against United that was the "turning point" in our fortunes, but I think it was one year earlier, in the League Cup semi at the Etihad. I remember there was a "Blue Moon Rising" lightshow before the game which created an electric atmosphere and spurred us on to a 2-1 victory. I came away with a real buzz that night, feeling that we might just be at the very start of something very special. Even though we lost the second leg, the rest, as they say, is history.

I know its only Sheffield United and I get all the reasons why various fans cannot attend today. But I feel like a ten-year old, going to Wembley for the first time and I can't help feeling excited. Long may this feeling last, it is a fantastic time to be a Blue!
in

Just come out of hotel in Barcelona sightseeing with family for a few days an six women in City shirts walk by Great stuff girls Cmon city

Think Foden and Mahrez are dead certs to start along with Ortega....the rest could be any.

Would love to give Rodri a rest but can we really trust Phillips at present.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.