Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he’ll go fairly strong based on his comments about losing the last few semi finals.

Ortega

Walker Dias LaPorte

Rodri. Lewis

Mahrez. DeBruyne. Alvarez. Bernado

Haaland

Gomez........ Worries me
He played well versus the rags in the home derby, seville away, and chelsea in the cup. He fucked up against Copenhagen (silly red) and had a few poor performances when the whole team wasn't performing. Otherwise, he hasn't been given a proper chance, has no real game time, etc. We need to know where we stand with him, so we can decide whether to keep him/loan him/sell him. A lot of people wrote him off, but I think he will come good. He is a typical Pep player since he has the right technical ability. On top of it, pausa, passing, crossing. Obviously, he seems to be not great defensively (learning, only been a left-back for one full season), but in our new system, he might fit in well. Pep knows best, anyway, so there must be a reason he is getting game time here and there, especially if he is starting today. Pep sees the players daily, how they perform in training, we need to trust him. Besides, Gomez is a boyhood blue and has a great attitude, so I wish people backed him up a little. Player of the season at Anderlecht, La Masia graduate, got some experience playing in La Liga, and he is still young too. KDB never even played for Wolfsburg yet at his age. Give him time.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't excited or apprehensive about this match like I did before Bayern away, and with the massive games v Arsenal and Real coming up, this one pales into comparative insignificance.
I know it's important and sets up the possibility of more silverware, but I'm already worrying about next Wednesday.
I shall watch it on TV nevertheless, despite ITV's unappealing selection of "pundits".
Perhaps once it starts, the blood will be pumping again.

Rotate tae fuck for me - loads of the players looked bollocksed towards the end of Munich.

Foden - Alvarez - Mahrez
KDB Gundo
Phillips Stones
Laporte Dias Walker
Ortega

Ortega
Walker
Akanji
Dias
Laporte
Gundogan
Rodri
Kev
Mahrez
Alvarez
Grealish

Perfect

No Philips.......wow,just wow.

Did you expect him to suddenly start a semi final at Wembley? Its quite clear he's just not rated much at the club. Well we don't know the official lineup but I'd be surprised.

Pep showing them the respect they deserve. They're here on merit, and will also be a premier league side next season. They're no mugs.

We might have whacked Burnley but that means nothing, this is a new game. Worse teams than Sheff Utd have beaten Premier League sides before. We've been knocked out of this cup before by Middlesbrough when they were a champo team.

Plus for Sheff Utd, it's almost a free hit because nobody expects them to win, they're likely getting promoted and this is a bonus for them and will be really up for it. I wouldn't start fielding players that can't really get a game.

How did we seemingly get the Phillips signing so wrong? The data they have available to make such decisions makes it difficult to get such signings so wrong but seems the lad has fell off a cliff. Hope he can turn it around regardless of him staying with us or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.