Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we now need to investigate why women are getting ACL injuries....

Why the fuck make it a gender issue. My wife did her's skiing years back.

It's sport, people get injured.
It is somewhat of a gender issue in that female (ones with wombs) physiology is different so they are susceptible to knee injuries. I think their knees bend inwards or something because of hip structure.
i have a mate who coaches high level girls and he sees so many acl especially on astro turf.

Sorry I don’t understand why you’ve got a problem with this?

It’s a gender issue because women are 8x more likely to do an ACL than men.

There’s a few different theories as to why, but none have been conclusively proven.

Aaah, but apparently it's the pitches they play on - they aren't up to the standard of the men's game. I can't help but think that it's an issue because we need to keep women's football on the front burner. Those who espouse the idea of the pitches being at fault forget that you often have men and youths playing on the same pitches without the number of ACL injuries. Just more bullshine to fill the click-chasers.

I wonder if us wanting Kovacic is linked to Philips, a few Chelsea fans have said online that he can play as a 6 if he needs too.

It is somewhat of a gender issue in that female (ones with wombs) physiology is different so they are susceptible to knee injuries.
i have a mate who coaches high level girls and he sees so many acl especially on astro turf.

Tell him about this -

A Santa Monica physiology clinic devised a program that reduces ACL injuries by ~80%

It’s peer reviewed and holds up and is becoming more and more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.