Sheffield United

Zabbasbeard said:
No I rent (I'm in Lower Saxony btw, I used to live in Bavaria), but as I live, work and pay tax here I don't see it as hypocritical.

Like I said, if you had owned it would have been hypocritical.

You still discriminate against foreigners with regards ownership of your club.[/quote]

If you see it that way, I don't regard saying that I prefer a country's clubs to be under home ownership as discrimination. You could call almost anything discrimination in those terms, only an American can run for president, is that discrimination ?

bayern blade said:
Zabbasbeard said:
No I rent (I'm in Lower Saxony btw, I used to live in Bavaria), but as I live, work and pay tax here I don't see it as hypocritical.

You still discriminate against foreigners with regards ownership of your club.

If you see it that way, I don't regard saying that I prefer a country's clubs to be under home ownership as discrimination. You could call almost anything discrimination in those terms, only an American can run for president, is that discrimination ?[/quote]

Yes it is discrimination. Now don't be so ridiculous. "Anything" is not discrimination in those terms. That is lame.

You discriminate against foreign owners and you are a minority. I'd guess the majority of your fans ( I know loads of Blades, working in Sheff as I do, and none are against the Saudi Prince taking over if it comes to that), don't discriminate. If you are happier 'English' Kevin McCabe (who lives in Belgium) taking your club all the way to the 4th Division more the fool you, but discrimination is discrimination, even if you live in denial.

Zabbasbeard said:
Yes it is discrimination. Now don't be so ridiculous. "Anything" is not discrimination in those terms. That is lame.

You discriminate against foreign owners and you are a minority. I'd guess the majority of your fans ( I know loads of Blades, working in Sheff as I do, and none are against the Saudi Prince taking over if it comes to that), don't discriminate. If you are happier 'English' Kevin McCabe (who lives in Belgium) taking your club all the way to the 4th Division more the fool you, but discrimination is discrimination, even if you live in denial.

But that is my whole point. I obviously know loads of Blades, many of whom ranted about the likes of Abramovitch buying trophies for Chelsea yet many of whom are now rubbing their hands in delight hoping that we are getting our own Abramovitch. To me that is hypocrisy.
Nothing to do with discrimination whatsoever.

bayern blade said:
Zabbasbeard said:

But that is my whole point. I obviously know loads of Blades, many of whom ranted about the likes of Abramovitch buying trophies for Chelsea yet many of whom are now rubbing their hands in delight hoping that we are getting our own Abramovitch. To me that is hypocrisy.

It's not your friends who are being discriminatory though, they're being hypocritical. It's you, Timmy Two Teams who is discriminating against foreign ownership.

bayern blade said:
Zabbasbeard said:

Its not morals though is it; good old fashioned hypocrisy; absolutely.

Zabbasbeard said:
bayern blade said:

You still discriminate against foreigners with regards ownership of your club.

If you see it that way, I don't regard saying that I prefer a country's clubs to be under home ownership as discrimination. You could call almost anything discrimination in those terms, only an American can run for president, is that discrimination ?

Bayern Blade is a typical regimented follower(not fan, he's a Bayern glory hunter) of German football. Everything has to be run the same way or it’s wrong. It’s ok for a club to sell a huge % of the club to huge businesses, but the regiment only allows people from that country to buy into the club. If they’re from another country then it’s wrong. Audi and Adidas are allowed even if they’d leave as soon as the investment deteriorated.

However the regiment does accept certain circumstances, as long as the circumstance is abbreviated too Dante, Van Buyton, Thiago, Ribery, Mandzukic, Robben, Shaqiri, Raffinha, Pizzaro or Alaba. Apart from these circumstances everybody within a club must be from that country.

ManCitizens. said:
Bayern Blade is a typical regimented follower(not fan, he's a Bayern glory hunter) of German football. Everything has to be run the same way or it’s wrong. It’s ok for a club to sell a huge % of the club to huge businesses, but the regiment only allows people from that country to buy into the club. If they’re from another country then it’s wrong. Audi and Adidas are allowed even if they’d leave as soon as the investment deteriorated.

However the regiment does accept certain circumstances, as long as the circumstance is abbreviated too Dante, Van Buyton, Thiago, Ribery, Mandzukic, Robben, Shaqiri, Raffinha, Pizzaro or Alaba. Apart from these circumstances everybody within a club must be from that country.

Nice try but I won't bite ;-)<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:16 am --<br /><br />
EricBrooksGhost said:
Its not morals though is it; good old fashioned hypocrisy; absolutely.

Largely yes, we could debate the morals issue for ever but I agree on the hypocrisy. Anyway I think we have talk this out as far as we can. Off to Munich for the match in half an hour so busy today anyway.

citykev28 said:
Hypothetical question for Timmy Two Teams - Sheffield United play in the play off final on the same day as Bayern Munich play in the Champions League Final. Only one can win their match, who do you want to win?
Stupid question as the games are unrelated. A better question might be which would he go to if he was offered a ticket for both games.

bayern blade said:
Zabbasbeard said:

Clearly you are in denial. And no the point about hypocrisy is not your whole point.

You are clearly discriminating against foreigners. You won't admit it but it is clear to other posters on here as well as me.

Good luck to the Blades today but may Bayern lose in the most agonising way possible.

Come on City. Do the business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.