Sheffield Wednesday (A) - FA Cup R5 Post-Match Thread

Congratulations guys

Was always going to be a game of attack & defend, as I said to my lad far better teams than us have been taken to the cleaners by City. It felt like you had 14 men on the pitch at times

Still one of my favourite venues , stewards and police were friendly / great as was the marvelous pork sandwich shop!

Positives for me were Wildsmith who's not played for the 1st team for 18 months, Iorfa and young Alex Hunt when he came on.

Good luck in the rest of the competition.

Fish was tasteless and the batter was soggy. Chips were OK.
The upper concourse is too cramped but the view from row 21 was pretty good.
Their keeper (and our attack) kept the score down in the second half and Claudio didn't have to make a save. The only time we were in danger was very late on when we conceded possession far too easily three times in about a minute. We are our own worst enemies at times.
Good trip back listening to Norwich beat Spuds on penalties, and a trip to Sid James Park awaits.

Well done to your team tonight you should be proud of them their defence was brilliant don't know why you're struggling in the league. The keeper was unlucky with the goal he had a great game Nicky Weaver's taught him well

Consistency m8, we've lost 22 points by conceding goals late in the game. Hopefully we can take that forward for the remaing league games.

Consistency m8, we've lost 22 points by conceding goals late in the game. Hopefully we can take that forward for the remaing league games.
Good luck. Wasn't a great game. City just kept the ball but did little with it. I thought it might be like that after some big games.

Is Tango still around? Heard he got banned.

Mendy was our best player, defensively, and got forward OK too.

Agreed, Mendy looked like he was getting back to his pre injury form. It’s taken ages, but he’s looking better and better. His first touch wasn’t bad even though the pitch was dire.

Just got in from the match all good inside and out we did what we had to do we should still be scoring more goals but either way on to the next round now one more game away from Wembley. Come on the blues

Good luck. Wasn't a great game. City just kept the ball but did little with it. I thought it might be like that after some big games.

Is Tango still around? Heard he got banned.

Think he got 2 years from all games for being abusive to a female steward. Randomly he's been showing up at other games, he was at Oxford recently singing Wednesday songs which is weird.

As he's from Wolverhampton wonder if he'll go back to supporting Wolves?

“If I die on Kippax Street, oah oah...”

Proper friendly night in North Sheffield. Proper decent chippy on the way back to the car (can you tell the game was bobbins or what?!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.