Sheffield Wednesday thread 20/21

At Christmas I moved north to live 10 minutes walk from Hillsborough, and Wednesday v City last March was my last match before football finished (or should have in my view). Soft spot for the Owls (though my neighbour's a Balde).

I'll go and watch them next season when they don't clash with City and hopefully your lad will get to see a winning side for a change. Look at how Leicester went from the Div 1 to the Prem recently !
That was my last game too :)
I'm so gutted. Wednesday are my second team (long story) and I was really hoping they'd stay up and then they had to go and concede a fucking penalty.

There's a very good, if heartbreaking, article in the Athletic about Wednesday's decline. I had no idea how bad things were, but Chansiri is even more clueless than I thought. I wish he'd sell Wednesday to someone who can make a go of things, or at least listen to people who actually know about football.
I presume it was the same article where agents were asking local journalists who to send applications to at the club, for the vacant manager position as they had no idea who to contact?

Nobody can say following Wednesday is boring.

The last week has had the following news:

If we didn't have bad news we wouldn't have any.

I know when clubs are in trouble somebody always saves them at the 11th hour, but I honestly fear the worst.

Time for the powers that be to step in a force Chansiris hand ........ if he ain’t got the money then sadly Administration is probably the way forward it’s not ideal far from it but at least you can start moving forward rather than letting this loon make fook up after fook up

I’ve always liked the Wednesday and felt a sort of kinship with them since my first memory of them which is when they came to Maine Rd in a top of the table div 2 clash in 1983/84 and turned us over, they had an amazing away following that day - the mind plays tricks but was Imre Varadi in their team that day ??

They’re one of the grand old clubs of English football just like us and hopefully they can get back to where they belong very soon

I'm so gutted. Wednesday are my second team (long story) and I was really hoping they'd stay up and then they had to go and concede a fucking penalty.

There's a very good, if heartbreaking, article in the Athletic about Wednesday's decline. I had no idea how bad things were, but Chansiri is even more clueless than I thought. I wish he'd sell Wednesday to someone who can make a go of things, or at least listen to people who actually know about football.
Anything to do with the 66 cup final Everton v Wednesday. That was a great occasion I love watching back on you tube. One of my grandad s was a toffees supporter and I loved it when the cop grabbed the pitch invader only for him to slip his jacket off and leave the cop sprawling on the floor. Real hilarious stuff to see aged 9.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.