Sheffield Wednesday to ask fans wearing fake shirts to leave the ground!

And they're going to police this how? Stewards?

"Excuse me sir, your shirt appears to not be genuine. Please follow out of the ground."

"Oh yeah, what's wrong with it?"

"The colour is off to my eye and the stitching looks incorrect."

"Happened in the wash. In fact I should be suing the club for supplying something unfit for purpose. I have a receipt at home, eject me and I'll ensure it costs the club more than my match ticket today. Care to take the chance?"
I know the comments here and elsewhere are all light hearted / piss taking but in all seriousness if this is to be enforced, the stewards simply need to react like a night club / pub bouncer does when refusing entry to people trying to get in without having to give a reason why they arent being allowed in. Legally they can do that.
Now whether you would get a refund if you have bought a ticket is another matter.....

Last edited:
I know the comments here and elsewhere are all light hearted / piss taking but in all seriousness if this is to be enforced, the stewards simply need to react like a night club / pub bouncer does when refusing entry to people trying to get in without having to give a reason why they arent being allowed in. Legally they can do that.
Now whether you would get a refund if you have bought a ticket is another matter.....

Can anyone tell me how to spot the difference. I bought two of the same the other season. One genuine and one fake but I've muddled them up

Are you going to have to provide receipts? Crazy statement and completely unenforceable
Perhaps we will all have to show the label in the shirt lol

But seriously if clubs are concerned about fakes than they need to look at their own pricing

Showsec “It has come to our notice that you are wearing red underpants in the Etihad, which is strictly forbidden”
City fan: “You’ll have to take them off me then.”
Showsec “Carry on, sir.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.