Sheikh Mansour went to Spain

I can understand why most favoured Mancini over Pellegrini. However Pellegrini got a lot of undeserved stick during his last year while he had to cope with the restictions due to FFPR, an injured Kompany, an aging squad and a goalkeeper (Hart) already sliding down the hill. Many blame him for Bony, but I clearly remember the enthousiasm on here when the player was actually brought in with a good reputation and very much needed at that moment of time. Pellegrini couldn't help Bony hardly getting off a start at all due to sickness and injury he hardly had ever before. Never got in to it afterwards and sold as a complete failure/ Than again, we can all mention at least 20 misfits from that point of view.
It was clear to everyone including Pellegrini, he was a stopgap for Pep to arrive. And even Pep has had his difficulties last year when results weren't that much better than Pellegrini in his last season with us. Easy to forget when the team has been playing some breathtaking football.
Like Mancini Pellegrini was decent in his own way, respectfull to the club and players and he brought silverware, including a title with some fantastic football up until the moment Negredo got injured and was scoring goals for fun.

Bony was an utterly pointless signing though. If you're supposedly desperate for a striker in January why on earth sign one who is going to disappear to the African Nations tournament for 3 weeks?

Top manager.
The players took the piss out of him in the end. Lazy twats, YaYa, Bony, Nasri, Sergio, Kolarov.
Resting on their laurels, and no real effort at the end. Milner alluded to it when he left.
Pep, doesn't have that problem, as his aggressive, 'up for every game' attitude is infectious and he will not suffer fools or lack of effort. They'd be out quicker than you can say Tapas!

How can he be a top manager if he allowed that to happen?

He was clueless and weak and I was very happy when he left, party because pep came in and partly because it just meant pelegrini was out.

That Barcelona side had Suarez, Messi and Neymar in their prime. Almost every coach in football, including Klopp would set up defensively against Real madrid and Barcelona. I forget the details but I can recall a very strong Bayern team under Guardiola trying to attack Real Madrid and Barcelona in the CL semis and getting destroyed amid much recrimination - or media criticism.

When Guardiola came to City, some elements in the media said Guardiola had failed at Bayern because of his Champions League results

The point wasn't that milner and Fernando are defensive, its that they were wank.

How can he be a top manager if he allowed that to happen?

He was clueless and weak and I was very happy when he left, party because pep came in and partly because it just meant pelegrini was out.

He was on a hiding to nothing, given the circumstances, that complacency was inevitable as everyone was aware he was just holding the fort for Pep.

He was on a hiding to nothing, given the circumstances, that complacency was inevitable as everyone was aware he was just holding the fort for Pep.

Look at our league positions when he was there, the team got worse under him.

He was weak and allowed players to take this piss. He also left players there that were quite clearly not good enough for us.

That last season was unforgivable. 66 points.

It was a sad way for him to go out in that last home game v Arsenal, hardly anyone left in the ground. Terrible.

We just copped lucky that the rags didn't beat West Ham or they'd of nabbed 4th.

I am sure Pellers was a good guy but the only thing I can really say about him is that when he left the club, the team was in a significantly worse condition than the one he inherited. The team he took over from Mancini had the best defensive record in the league. in Pellegrini's second and third seasons the defence was a complete shambles. Every time the opposition attacked you feared they were going to score and unfortunately you were often right. None of us know what his mandate from management was and we dont know what kind of say he had over hiring and firing. If he was, as many have stated, merely a caretaker until Pep arrived It may have been that he was old to keep things ticking over and not to make any big transfer moves as all those decisions would be made later by the new guy. His first season was fun but after that it was often painful.

Last edited:
Allowed to leave

Edin, Barry, Tevez, Kolo, earlier tham they should and a more improved Javi Garcia

never fucked off the twat milner when it ws clear he was gonna fuck us off either

the he replaced them with dross, like mangla, boney, fernando

He never tackled the aging/injury prone defence.
Never had the stones to drop hart for the man he brought in (Big Willy)

He had less charisma than mel machin too.

Saying that,

5th best win percentage in prem history,

gave us a great first season,

3 trophies

Signed successes like Demi, Frank, Ferdy

Always a gent.

Maybe my 6th fav City manager in history and a real nice guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.