Shellfish

I’ve recently discovered that (in all likelihood - and I’m getting this checked out later this week) I’m allergic to shellfish. I get a red blotch on my arms, which seems to be connected to its consumption, which is a shame, but not a disaster. I view it as an occasional treat, rather then a regular staple.

I love crab and clam, really like lobster and mussels, and like scallops. The rest I can take or leave.

Edit: I would have included oysters in the take or leave category, until I had chargrilled oysters in New Orleans last year. Fucking amazing.

Last edited:
Not for me, anything that tastes of seawater isn't nice, tried mussels once and it was like eating a massive salty bit of phlegm, quite ironic considering we will be going to the seaside for a holiday, don't mind a nice bit of bland cod in batter once in a while though lol

I’ve recently discovered that (in all likelihood - and I’m getting this checked out later this week) I’m allergic to shellfish. I get a red blotch on my arms, which seems to be connected to its consumption, which is a shame, but not a disaster. I view it as an occasional treat, rather then a regular staple.

I love crab and clam, really like lobster and mussels, and like scallops. The rest I can take or leave.
I don’t eat it often enough. I’m looking to cut down on red meat and replace with more seafood. Crab fried rice tonight.

How many of us eat it? I love mussels, clams and crab etc. Considering we’re an island it doesn’t seem very popular with the Brits.
Love a bit of mussel stew or crab soup when it gets cold, you do get it in quite a few restaurants now.

Not for me, anything that tastes of seawater isn't nice, tried mussels once and it was like eating a massive salty bit of phlegm, quite ironic considering we will be going to the seaside for a holiday, don't mind a nice bit of bland cod in batter once in a while though lol

Love all shellfish, mussels, prawns, crab, lobster, crayfish, oysters all delicious.

Best crab I ever had was at a small riverside restaurant called Cantler's in Maryland. Right on a small creek/ river. Fresh caught. Here's a mallet, a bucket of beer, get eating!
Loved the crab cakes as well as the clam chowder at Legal Seafoods in Boston. Wonder if @SebastianBlue has ever been there and if it’s still as good as it was in 2005!

Just applied for my 2019 license to take what i need of the shores. You don't really need one but it is the decent thing to do and protects me just in case, I went crabbing last summer with my doggie and i did alright actually. Go fat out on the "shelves" and the crabs get bloody big, nearly all are eating size along with enough claw to take a fucking finger off. I ended up with about 15 over the summer, most i boiled in sea water there and then on the beach, a squeeze of lemon and you are sorted.

There were a chinese family who took the piss, apparently they own a chinese restaurant but fuck me they needed a commercial license, they were emptying the sea daily. 12 huge rubble sacks full of muscles every day. All the others like me who do it for fun/one for the pot have some colourful names they call those guys.

I only did it as a nostalgic thing from when i was a kid but remembered rather quick i still am one, just with more power to lift up big rocks. I blasted 4 hours each time and it felt like 10mins, so you know you are having fun then.

Honorary mention to the ray mears crab terminator dude who goes under and into shelf crevices after lobster and huge crab. You sir are death incarnate to crabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.