Ship of fools

johnny crossan

Here is the crew of a vessel which boasts some of the most virulent & unreasoning atheists on Bluemoon. Anybody I've left out - please accept my apologies and sign yourself on board.

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

johnny crossan said:
Here is the crew of a vessel which boasts some of the most virulent & unreasoning atheists on Bluemoon. Anybody I've left out - please accept my apologies and sign yourself on board.

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

I could gladly furnish reasons if you like johnny - from being sexually abused as a young altar boy to simply having developed a mind that has no place for irrational and foolish fairy stories.
Maybe,in the interest of balance,you could construct an alternative list of those who suspend common sense in favour of unproveable and divisive claptrap?

The human race was dying out
No one left to scream and shout.
People walking on the moon
Smog will get you pretty soon.
Everyone was hanging out
Hanging up and hanging down
Hanging in and holding fast
Hope our little world will last.
Along came mr. goodtrips
Looking for a new ship.
Come on people better climb on board
Come on babe were going home.
Ship of fools, ship of fools.

johnny crossan said:

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

Maybe if you'd had the 'good book' rammed down your throat for the 1st 13/14 years of your life your opinion of us fools might be a little different.

vatican4601.gif

vatican4627y.jpg

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
johnny crossan said:

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

I could gladly furnish reasons if you like johnny - from being sexually abused as a young altar boy to simply having developed a mind that has no place for irrational and foolish fairy stories.
Maybe,in the interest of balance,you could construct an alternative list of those who suspend common sense in favour of unproveable and divisive claptrap?

It is very sad to hear of your early experience, I can see how such evil could colour your subsequent view of religion.

As to your suggested list, it would be very long, containing 99% of the living + 99% of those who have ever lived. I recognise the argument from consensus is open to easy challenge. (Eat sh*t. A billion billion flies can't be wrong.) But so many people wrong? To me the central question is faith. It is not a question of choosing to believe something. Faith is inescapable.

You may find this interesting, written by an agnostic.

<a class="postlink" href="http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/the_tls/article2717498.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 717498.ece</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.