Shooting outside the House of Commons

Khalid Masood, 52, named as attacker

• Convictions included GBH and possessing an offensive weapon

• He was not being investigated; no intelligence on his plan

Police officer, mother-of-two and an American man among fatalities

Islamic State claims it was behind the attack

• 29 injured, some with "catastrophic" injuries, seven "critically" hurt

• Eight arrests after police raid six addresses

Police said Masood had been "known by a number of aliases".

While he was born in Kent on Christmas Day, 1964, detectives believe he had been living most recently in the West Midlands.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said there was "no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack".

Masood "was not the subject of any current investigations".

Nevertheless, "he was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences".

He has a vaid point, whether or not you agree with it is a different matter.

Personally I don't think he does however both the guy with the Mike and Tommy Robinson would possibly get their point over much better if they didn't resort to having a foul mouthed hissy fit. The lad couldn't grasp it was him they were laughing at.

Khalid Masood, 52, named as attacker

• Convictions included GBH and possessing an offensive weapon

• He was not being investigated; no intelligence on his plan

Police officer, mother-of-two and an American man among fatalities

Islamic State claims it was behind the attack

• 29 injured, some with "catastrophic" injuries, seven "critically" hurt

• Eight arrests after police raid six addresses

Police said Masood had been "known by a number of aliases".

While he was born in Kent on Christmas Day, 1964, detectives believe he had been living most recently in the West Midlands.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said there was "no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack".

Masood "was not the subject of any current investigations".

Nevertheless, "he was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences".

So the answer to preventing this was to send the bugger back to where he came from......................... er .................Kent..................

I am just pondering this news and they are looking at the fact he was seemingly 'inspired' by islamic state and not a trained terrorist who had been to the middle east and seen action kind of thing. I am not sure it matters, the problem is as i see it is what is our future policy on stopping high risk people getting in or being incited here. I feel there will always be a radical voice emanating from the middle east calling for attacks on non muslims.

How do we deal with returning muslims who have unaccounted time outside the country, what resources would we invest on each case we think is suspect?

Does/should the UK gov force twitter and FB to really do more to shut the accounts down or give them serious fines?

Do we give our intelligence services more funding etc?

Last edited:
Personally I don't think he does however both the guy with the Mike and Tommy Robinson would possibly get their point over much better if they didn't resort to having a foul mouthed hissy fit. The lad couldn't grasp it was him they were laughing at.

I loved how camp the other guy was compared to the angry one!

Its that particular entrance that doesn't have armed police, a decision by Parliament so not to alarm tourists and the public etc. That will most likely be getting reviewed. Within the grounds though they are everywhere
A bizarre decision given the number of armed police at Downing Street and Horseguards, where there are many tourists

my initial reaction was to think opportunist wa*ker but at the same time i struggle to argue with his actual points

wheres Damocles when you need him

He's come across as a fool IMO who cannot see the irony in his views.

A divided society is a breeding ground for radicalisation and stereotyping Muslims, who already get a raw deal in our society, is hardly helping the cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.