Short Break In Paris.

I've been to Paris twice. I ended up going back the second time with the wife as she had never been before.
I'm glad I did, otherwise I may never have got to see a woman having a shit in the middle of the street.
(Not the wife).
Paris and New York both seem to have that special aroma of eau de shite in the summer. New York wins due to fewer French people.

I've been to Paris twice. I ended up going back the second time with the wife as she had never been before.
I'm glad I did, otherwise I may never have got to see a woman having a shit in the middle of the street.
(Not the wife).
Saw similar as well. I lived in Villeneuve St Georges for 6 months in the mid 80's, even the people I stayed with thought I was mad to go into the centre of Paris.

I too don't get the hate for Paris. It's a great city if you get out and about.

As for recommendations for quirky get to Montmartre. Lovely area up by the Sacre Coeur. I've only stayed in standard hotels as the hotel is not really part of the break in Paris, as it would be in country house location for example. Don't be tempted to stay round the Gare Du Nord as it is a bit scruffy round there but convenient for the Eurostar.

I live just outside Paris. It either fucking shit or fucking brilliant. Some of the tourist hotspots are full of hawkers, con artists and pickpockets, but there’s plenty to see and do off the beaten track. Monmartre is fantastic especially if you go up the hill, past the basilica and to the artist area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.