Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

Hansen should be sacked for being................................well Alan Hansen basically

Time to be put out to graze...surely last season this,boring as fuck he is,and so predictable

meeesh said:
Hansen should be sacked for being................................well Alan Hansen basically

Time to be put out to graze...surely last season this,boring as fuck he is,and so predictable

Nicely done Yoda...

Hansen is fine, it's Lawrenson i have the problem with.

I used to like him and thought he was a really good pundit but I do think he is past his sell by date now. All he ever does is trot out the same clichés regarding defence week in, week out and has ended up pretty much a caricature of himself.

I think this term is a generation thing, but without malice meant - lots of people 40+ use this term but really mean nothing by it. Really we are all 'coloured' aren't we? Older generations of white people juts use it to mean 'coloured different from me' or 'not white' and in no way derogatory. I really don't see younger generations using this term.

Historically, I'd imagine the term originates likely from the fact that England, and all of Europe, was for many centuries an almost exclusively whites populated region, and so 'coloured' was used to differentiate from the norm. Although some modernists may point out that this is the beginning of exclusivity behaviour patterns, it's also human nature to point out differences. in North America the natives there called the European travellers white men. Were they racist to do so? Nope.

But as time ticks on, the need to differentiate anyone, in speech or thought, by colour, is not as big a factor as it was historically. Do we still hear people in the pub saying 'I see that coloured lad scored for so and so last night'? Yes, sometimes, in some areas, but not sporadically and less frequently, I would argue. And, and this is the critical thing, no offence is meant. Still, the terms needs to die out because it is completely unnecessary. Why does one feel the need to add the extra detail that the scores of a goal last night was not white? Would it be easier or more socially acceptable if you said 'the black lad' or 'the ginger pasty white striker'? Point being, these things are not going to die out overnight, but no offence is meant by using them, I'm positive of that from what I see and hear. Indeed, in many cases I bet the speaker feels unsure and somewhat embarrassed about which language to use, and so settles on 'coloured' as they think it is the most socially acceptable. It may not be, but at least they have thought about it and made a conscious decision with, hopefully, a good heart.

It's a term that is dying out as more and more of the younger generations can see they we all have a colour, whilst still being obvious visually and, to and extent, culturally, is much less of a factor in general. What terms they will use instead, and the rules of society that will govern when they can and can not be used, and by whom, is anyone's guess.

Sorry, prattled on now in reply to what was somewhat of a trolling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.