Should away fans be moved.

Apart from a few dozen youngsters who seemingly need the adrenaline rush of being stood near opposition fans in order to sing songs and posture aggresively I don't think anyone really wants the away fans to be on level 1. Putting away fans up in the Gods increases the sense of being in a hostile environment for the opposition players. Nobody's clapping them at corners, their goaly has no friendly voices within earshot etc. Having away fans pitchside helps the away team and can give them a feeling of comfort when the whole point of atmosphere in a ground from the perspective of home fans is to cause discomfiture to the away team

Just for example imagine an incident similar to the penalty that never was when Stones brought down Sterling in the league game. If say Zaba had brought down Lukaku right on the touchline at the South Stand end and 3,000 scousers had leapt in the air and screamed for a penalty, that is more likely to influence the ref to give it than if they're 100yds above, pretty much out of the ref's line of vision. Ergo it's better for City to put away fans out of sight.

Stick em in tier 3 and those fans who need the stimulus of proximity to away fans to sing loudly can always relocate. I sing in 204, fully 100 yds away from the away fans as do many fans in other parts of the ground

Didn't hear a peep from 8k Everton fans tier 3 after we equalized. Should give them half the tier at the top and have all blues on lower tier cheering on the lads.

yeah lets give up the £299 seats for away fans and relocate to the £700 ones.

Maybe if the £299 season ticket holders got behind the team a bit more this thread wouldn't be needed. Anyone can sing when we are beating Chelski 3 nil!

We've not heard a peep out of the away fans all season because they're spread across all three tiers.

The atmosphere is often flat yes but we've not been outsung all season.

If it was ever going to be good, this is the time it will be.

There was a reason why they decided to put them in the South stand and not the North Stand originally, ease of access and exit. You couldn't as easily section things off as is done at the South end of the stadium because of the need to maintain easy access for home fans to the trams and the main car and coach parks, it would be a logistical nightmare with more potential for trouble than the current set-up. In the short-term you could I suppose put the away coaches in the East car park but long-term where would you put them once the collar site development starts?
If we move away fans to North stand, those that want to be near them will just move so there is no logic in that. Away fans need to be located in South Stand as stated above for logistics of coach parking. Moving them to upper tears on other occasions has muted the atmosphere but the Everton game was an excellent atmosphere so proves that when us fans are up for it, we don't need another set of fans to bounce off, the Everton Players were visibly feeling remote from their fans, they looked up and clapped them at key points in the game but didn't have the same connection you see at most games. Our lower tear looked excellent too in all blue.

There are major issues to consider including disabled access and legends lounge seating but I would be in favour of shifting them up in to the higher tears for every game following the result of this game

If logistics demand away supporters in South Stand then the only alternative would be to make the North Stand the Home end once the Expansion is done.
I wouldn't give them anything on SS level 1 either and widen the availability on SS Level 3.
It means the family stand would have to be re-jigged somehow but its not an easy problem to resolve. Personally I think something needs to be done re the family stand as we can't continue to have loads of SC no shows at evening midweek PL games (I understand why that is and am not having a go at the SC holders with young kids) due to the number we seem to have to play but i don't know what it is that needs to be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.