Should bluemoon close the doors?

Point of order please

We do ban a lot of people yesterday was a record for banning Rags, most of the posts you never saw, but we can't just ban people because we (or you) have a different opinion, as much as sometimes it's tempting, it is a forum with 1000's of members as it should be as it is the main City forum, the one most people know about.

Again, if you think a post is out of order press the report button, and we will look at it

Ducado said:
Point of order please

We do ban a lot of people yesterday was a record for banning Rags, most of the posts you never saw, but we can't just ban people because we (or you) have a different opinion, as much as sometimes it's tempting, it is a forum with 1000's of members as it should be as it is the main City forum, the one most people know about.

Again, if you think a post is out of order press the report button, and we will look at it

With respect, Ducado. Nobody is campaigning here to have anybody banned.

I'm sure a lot of good work went on behind the scenes yesterday. One thing I've suggested - close registration on match days might actually help with that?

This thread isn't about restricting debate or opinion. It's about the problem of people who are interested in neither. There is a new type of member amongst us. A virus that threatens the fabric of bluemoon. These are members who want posts and threads just for the numbers - like second rate card collectors, all they want is more. There are loads of them here already and something needs to be done. A lot get bored after a few days or weeks, but more replace them. This is why we get dozens of threads on the same topic and any genuine contribution is met with abuse simply because it slows down their game.

Quite a few people think this needs addressing.

Perhaps it would help if people starting threads thought for a few seconds about the thread title. So many of them are vague.

I think people should scan the first couple of pages before posting to see whether the subject is already open. However, I do think it is unreasonable to expect people to open every thread to check whether the thread title actually comports with the thread contents; back to the problem of vague and misleading thread titles.

Is there anyway a thread title can include smaller text to indicate the thread contains a picture, video, or animated gif? Posters posting visual aids ought to try and be specific about the nature of the visual aid, what it is, what it is about.

Another issue is that of developing stories. How is a poster, who has new information at hand, supposed to convey that in a thread, the title of which is not under his control? He can either make an ordinary post (which many may miss, especially at a time when the board if very active), or he can start a new thread, which states clearly the original issue, that there is an "update", and so on.

Yes

trueblue09 wrote:
CMON LETS FACE IT WE ALL LOVE THE BNP WETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THEY ARE THE BEST THING THATS HAPPEND TO US IN YEARS SOO MANY NEUTERALS ARE BEGINNG TO SAY THIS AND HOW ARE THEY HIPOCRITS? IF THEY WERE TO GET IN THEY WONT SET UP CAMPS AND KILL OF MUSLIMS, THOSE THAT THINK THAT ARE DELUDED AND CANT HAVE AN OPNION FOR THEMSELVES AND LIKE THE PAPERS TO GIVE IT FOR THEM AND WANT TO THINK WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES, BORING BORING OLD WANKERS

B.N.P

Llewellyn Dowd said:
Anyone else fed up of those 'Gas or Electric?' type posts? I think some sad little herberts actually sit there trying to dream up the next 'Coke or Pepsi?' thread just for the sake of starting a thread. 'Elvis or the Beatles?', 'Big tits or Little tits?', 'Pink or Brown?', what a load of baloney!!

Fuck 'em all!

:-)

Remember this? Something reminded me of it ........ don't know what it was!!

Saturdays after we haven't won are ridiculous. But respect the mods, they're on a hiding to nowt. I've had a row with a few on here but it's only banter. Don't take it so seriously. It's only a web forum, it's not life and death

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.