should city sell de jong?

sam-caddick said:
For me De Jong is one of the best players at his job being a defensive midfielder, he is just a natural protector of the back 4 and puts alot of fear into other teams attack.

Now Mancini has turned his into an attacking/flair teams De Jong is now 2nd choice, a player to come on to settle the midfield or protect our lead - every team needs a De Jong but I don't think you can play them every game if you want to win a match.

The Netherland played with 2 holding midfielders in De Jong and Van Bommel yesterday, they only looked more of an attacking threat when they took 1 off in De Jong and brought on Van Der Vaart, like I said I don't think you can always play a De Jong style player if you want to go all out attacking!

Why would we play all out attacking in every game? Just wouldn't work.

Some people just can't forsee us drawing a Real/Barca in the group stages like I can. Even Chelsea will give us a headache and well need players who can mark top talent out of the match.

alky313 said:
Some people just can't forsee us drawing a Real/Barca in the group stages like I can. Even Chelsea will give us a headache and well need players who can mark top talent out of the match.
Don't think we can get Chelski in the group stages only into the last eight.... but think you are right about Real/Barca....

Bring on barca or real! These are the games we want! Play the best and beat the best! 2-3 top class additions and we have to fear no fucker! Respect them but don't fear them! We waited long enough for champions league football so let's enjoy the challenge and take on the big boys!

birchwoodgingerste said:
i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

No we shouldn't, which other player in his mold do we have at the club, who we could bring on at the hour mark, to allow Yaya to bomb forward and do his business. The answer is no-one!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

No we shouldn't, which other player in his mold do we have at the club, who we could bring on at the hour mark, to allow Yaya to bomb forward and do his business. The answer is no-one!!
James Milner!

James Milner is the ultimate Pro and iv'e nothing but respect for him(also think he should get much more playing time) but NDJ is the best at what he does in the world, if we want to attack "let him break things up and play a 5 yard pass", if we want to defend "let him break things up and play a 5 yard pass" He's only 5 ft 8 or something with the longest legs iv'e ever seen, or at least it seems like that!!

no, keep hold.

the substitution where he came on against newcastle and yaya pushed up is the perfect example of why to keep him. we don't seem to be in any rush on the wide man targets so it seems, so letting yaya push up and force the issue is our "plan b" and a bloody good one too. plenty of games to round next season and should look at resting barry for bigger games 4-3-3 away from home and tough european games (with milner also getting more games) 4-2-3-1 at home and some of the "easier" games

daxman said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

James Milner!
Nope. Milner and Nigel are 2 different types of player.

Milner is defensive-rounded in a 'workhorse'-type of manner. Nigel is defensive-rounded in a 'positional'-type of manner.

Nigel is much more reliable when you want a shield at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.