should dunne be stripped of captancy?

I was ashamed of that today. He aint a kid, he went to far. That was not the way to behave as a captain

josh06 said:
When Dunne is on form, he is more than good enough for the team we want. Sadly, he has been off form this season. But leaving him out of the team will not help him back into form.

no- but having him in the team won't help us gain as may points as we can. he's a liability- so maybe he shouldn't be back in the team. find his form elsewhere. sorry- but we can't afford to drop points coz of stupid mistakes and own goals.

maineroad68 said:
felixbg said:
3 own goals and 3 sending offs within the space of 7 months ... not really very good IMO

he's not good enough anymore. even he must know that.

More importantly, hopefully Mark Hughes knows that. He has been a decent player in a poor 6/7 year period at the club, but he wouldnt get anywhere near a top team. And that is what we are supposed to be aiming for. So the answer is he shouldnt even be in the team, never mind be captain, if we are serious about being with the big boys.

I have been surprised that all the transfer targets we seem to be after are strikers or midfield players when it is obvious to even a blind man that it is the defence that needs sorting out first, and a commanding quality C/H should be Mark Hughes first prority, even before Kaka.

I am certain Dunne has never meant to score an own goal, maybe a case of wrong place wrong time, and being in his position it does happen, 1 of his own goals you cant blame him for, it was either him or the striker behind him who will net it.

Who would you have as captain instead?

Big G said:
I am certain Dunne has never meant to score an own goal, maybe a case of wrong place wrong time, and being in his position it does happen, 1 of his own goals you cant blame him for, it was either him or the striker behind him who will net it.

Who would you have as captain instead?

Zabaleta -after today's commanding performance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.