Should England have picked Arteta?

quiet_riot said:
haller said:
that shouldn't be happening neither and hopefully it ends soon. only english should manage england.

I agree, but while the rules are so lax, someone like Arteta, who is miles better than some of the shite in the squad, would do wonders. Capello should at least ask the question, IMO.

capello himself refused to pick almunia when someone brought the question up to him before, he himself said only the english should play for england, which totally contradicted him being in the job in the first frigging place.

Lots of players have been born outside England and yet have gone on to win caps for the England national side.

Half the England cricket team were born elsewhere so I don't see why the footy team can't follow suit!

Anyone is surely better than this lot....

Hargreaves was born in Canada and lived in Germany (but never in the UK) when he started to play for the English national team; a point that no-one has mentioned- is this really any different?

John Barnes (Kingston, Jamaica); Tony Dorigo (Melbourne, Australia).
England internationals, both.

Dr.Faustus said:
Hargreaves was born in Canada and lived in Germany (but never in the UK) when he started to play for the English national team; a point that no-one has mentioned- is this really any different?

Hargreaves could have played for Germany, England, Canada or Wales. Unfortunately, he chose England and not any of the other teams. He is shit.

mike arteta 2002–2003 Spain U21 12 caps (2) goals

Neither tony dorigo, john barnes or owen hargreaves played for there birth countries at any sort of international level, that was why i never mentioned any of them.

Once you've played for a country at any sort of level, you shouldn't be allowed to switch allegiances imo.

the topic was about arteta, and he's clearly played for spain at numerous levels before, the U21's is just an example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.