Should Hodgson go?

sir baconface said:
His main attribute was the ability to make us hard to beat. Note past tense.

In fairness, I don't think he's got the best materials to work with. Most of the alternative player selections suggested on here are akin to shifting deck chairs on the Titanic.

Decent guy but bang average and uninspiring. Same as his squad.

We personify mediocrity and could do with a breath of fresh air. I'm not sure who.
England's back 4 was a disaster waiting to happen.

In the World Cup qualifying and in the games leading up to the World Cup we have seen the back 4 deteriorate. Players like Ferdinand, Terry and Cole age, but in every previous year the one thing England had was a solid defence, and they always produced defenders

Now England has a limited number of quality players (as per usual) and a poor coach. In fact I'd argue that England has a better bunch of players to select than usual eg Lallana, and Barkley. Hodgson went for Sterling instead of the former 2. He might as well have gone for SWP.

Enough said about England. Yesterday's World Cup games especially France v Switzerland and Ecuador v Honduras were amazing.

Marvin said:
[
Then because Sterling did well in training he ended up starting and in a position central to the team, and in a role which he has not played before, Ridiculous.

Sterling quite often played centrally for Liverpool.

quiet_riot said:
Marvin said:
[
Then because Sterling did well in training he ended up starting and in a position central to the team, and in a role which he has not played before, Ridiculous.

Sterling quite often played centrally for Liverpool.
Did he? I thought it was Suarez up top with Sturridge and Sterling most often in a 3. It was Countinho who played in behind the forwards?

I don't ever recall Sterling playing as a No. 10. He doesn't have the game for it. No one ever thought about playing SWP in that role, and for me Sterling is at the moment a dribbler. Another SWP who relishes running at a defender. He hasn't demonstrated for his club that he has it in his game to unlock a defence with a measured pass.

He shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.Typical FA giving the job to a yes man,one who won't make any waves or upset anyone but will win fuck all.It reminds me of when they wouldn't give the job to Cloughie who was a football genius at the time.The rot for England starts at the top and unless we get rid of all the bloated self serving blazer wearing wankers at the top we will always be shit.

Needs to be fucked off, but for who?

Has been in the job for two years now and we look no better for it.

The use of Gerrard and Welbeck is criminal in itself. Johnson is a disaster, although there is little competition for that position, sadly.

Henderson, appears to have no real role in the side, he seems to be neither one thing or the other.

An awful lack of options at centre backs is a real problem. Leaving Cole out was just plain stupid.

But mostly, Hodgson, comes across as a bumbling, uninspiring old fool.

I'd keep him or get a manager in who will do the England job long term.

Tell them they've got 4 tournaments to get England right, bring a team through and work at it. We can't keep sacking a manager everytime we go out of a tournament

Only if Mike Bassett throws his hat into the ring;giving an idiot savant the reigns of the English national side is a new low.
Half of the problem is the raw materials but the rest is the FA,they will be seriously worried they'll be no more junkets to future tournaments and will be worried but not enough to do anything drastic to alter the present state of affairs.

Be nice for him if he had players who could control the ball instantly under pressure but some of these players are on hundred grand a week and can't even control the ball or receive a pass when an opposing player is within ten feet of them.
Hence the constant long balls as players don't have the ability or confidence to play a short passing game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.