Should juries be scrapped ?

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
I mean its a shit system eh ?

some right dozy gets get on them, some will just agree with the others to get home etc

wouldnt it be better to have a revolving panel of intelligent mature people who have achieved in life and pay them to do it

say have a pool of 100 and use 10 for each case

I mean I know a bloke (Jock) who has just been on a jury and I wouldnt trust him with my pet fucking goldfish

surely intelligence and life experience are primary functions in 'judging' whether a person is guilty ?

Jock is seriously lacking the first one and yet we let him loose on some poor fucker

Re: Should jury's be scrapped ?

Pish. A jury is made up of morally ambiguous people uninfluenced by their status.

nimrod said:
Aphex said:
Pish. A jury is made up of morally ambiguous people uninfluenced by their status.

and thick bastards
'Sentenced by a jury of your peers' has just taken on a whole new aura of fear for dipshit criminals.
OP it depends how much you trust your judges, unfortunately there's plenty of incompetent, lazy, corrupt bastards in their ranks too.

nimrod said:
Aphex said:

and thick bastards

So how is this guy 'thick'. Is he a little different to what you perceive to be intelligent? Does he have a trade? Doctors don't build bridges and towers.

aguero93:20 said:
nimrod said:
Aphex said:

and thick bastards
'Sentenced by a jury of your peers' has just taken on a whole new aura of fear for dipshit criminals.
OP it depends how much you trust your judges, unfortunately there's plenty of incompetent, lazy, corrupt bastards in their ranks too.

Judged by your peers, never sentenced.

I admit i would be pretty pissed of if i saw this fella in the jury...

500px-Cletus_Del_Roy_Spuckler.jpg

stony said:
aguero93:20 said:
nimrod said:
and thick bastards

Judged by your peers, never sentenced.
Fecking Yanks say sentenced, watching too many of their films since I've been of work. Better watch I don't start dropping my 'U's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.