Should juries be scrapped ?

Re: Should jury's be scrapped ?

Aphex said:
nimrod said:
Aphex said:
Pish. A jury is made up of morally ambiguous people uninfluenced by their status.

and thick bastards

So how is this guy 'thick'. Is he a little different to what you perceive to be intelligent? Does he have a trade? Doctors don't build bridges and towers.

No, you daft sod he has a low iq, thick as fuck, just gets pissed and drones on about shit

Doctors dont build bridges ? wtf does that mean ?

Bridges are designed, and the building of them is overseen by Engineers, very clever people, the people who do the actual welding arent as clever generally

If I were unfairly charged with rape by some weirdo bird, Id want intelligent people judging whether I was guilty, not some pisscan, or some stroppy housewife who didnt like the look of my tatoo's (if I had any) lol

nimrod said:
Aphex said:
nimrod said:
and thick bastards

So how is this guy 'thick'. Is he a little different to what you perceive to be intelligent? Does he have a trade? Doctors don't build bridges and towers.

No, you daft sod he has a low iq, thick as fuck, just gets pissed and drones on about shit

Doctors dont build bridges ? wtf does that mean ?

Bridges are designed, and the building of them is overseen by Engineers, very clever people, the people who do the actual welding arent as clever generally

If I were unfairly charged with rape by some weirdo bird, Id want intelligent people judging whether I was guilty, not some pisscan, or some stroppy housewife who didnt like the look of my tatoo's (if I had any) lol

My point isn't about who designs or packs the blueprints. Everyone has a place in society. I read engineering drawings for my job, but I wouldn't want someone to judge me after they had seemingly already made their mind up about someone.

Have you been reading Mein Kampf?

I've been called up for jury service twice. The first time I spent a few hours sitting in a room with about 50 other people all waiting to hear if they would be needed. After about 4 hours I was sent home.

I was called up again last year, and I really didn't want to do it. Not because I had better things to do, or that I couldn't be arsed, but I genuinely thought that I wasn't fit enough to serve on a jury.
I'm honest enough, too honest for own good most times, but I do suffer from a lack of concentration. Not a trait that is conducive to serving on a jury.
My biggest flaw is that I am intelligent enough to know just how fucking stupid I am. Its a terrible curse and not one I would wish on my worst enemy.
It made me uncomfortable with the thought that someones freedom could be in my hands. I can think of many people who are cleverer than me, with fewer prejudices, and no axes to grind.
So I bottled it, made an excuse, and it was accepted.

It isn't a perfect system.

One doesn't exist.

But it's better than any alternative I know of.

nimrod said:
I mean its a shit system eh ?

some right dozy gets get on them, some will just agree with the others to get home etc

wouldnt it be better to have a revolving panel of intelligent mature people who have achieved in life and pay them to do it

say have a pool of 100 and use 10 for each case

I mean I know a bloke (Jock) who has just been on a jury and I wouldnt trust him with my pet fucking goldfish

surely intelligence and life experience are primary functions in 'judging' whether a person is guilty ?

Jock is seriously lacking the first one and yet we let him loose on some poor fucker

They are called judges and they are the most perverse, bent, corrupt fuckers going.

Although to be fair your suggestion is another step towards Sharia Law.

stony said:
I've been called up for jury service twice. The first time I spent a few hours sitting in a room with about 50 other people all waiting to hear if they would be needed. After about 4 hours I was sent home.

I was called up again last year, and I really didn't want to do it. Not because I had better things to do, or that I couldn't be arsed, but I genuinely thought that I wasn't fit enough to serve on a jury.
I'm honest enough, too honest for own good most times, but I do suffer from a lack of concentration. Not a trait that is conducive to serving on a jury.
My biggest flaw is that I am intelligent enough to know just how fucking stupid I am. Its a terrible curse and not one I would wish on my worst enemy.
It made me uncomfortable with the thought that someones freedom could be in my hands. I can think of many people who are cleverer than me, with fewer prejudices, and no axes to grind.
So I bottled it, made an excuse, and it was accepted.

Thats a great post stony, this is the problem with jury's for me, maybe another person could have the same traits as you ie lack of concentration, but doesnt have the honesty you have and sort of pretends to be fit for duty, the jury is already compromised, the defendant already in danger of receiving the wrong verdict.

I agree with nimrod, engineers are very clever people,

The rest of the post is bollocks though :)

Same as stony I wouldn't like to do it my concentration would slip, I'm easily bored. But like someone else said what's the alternative?

Maybe they should have a different selection process?

BlueBearBoots said:
Same as stony I wouldn't like to do it my concentration would slip, I'm easily bored. But like someone else said what's the alternative?

How about an exam beforehand? Lol

bgblue said:
BlueBearBoots said:

How about an exam beforehand? Lol

Yes! Lol or an IQ test at least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.