Should Lescott get a new contract?

Mancini's Second Contract

I would say yes but with Karim Rekik playing so well for PSV and being called up to the Holland squad it is a tough question.

Not to mention he will be on a pinch of what Lescott is on.

Opinions?

no.

if he accepts for much less wage then yes.

No,hopefully the EDS can provide one or two,I am including Rekik.

If not,in 12 months we need to purchase a top class replacement.

No. Approaching 'out of contract' should see him put in some excellent performances, but we need younger players on lower salaries.

Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here make him out to be. Should he have a new contract? If we can re-negotiate his salary then yes. I think this would be more than possible as I don't think too many other clubs will be prepared to pay him what we pay him now. As we know from this season we need all of the experienced central defenders we can get - just in case.

A few months ago I would have said yes, but with his high wages and drop in performance I'm going to say no.

TGR said:
Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here make him out to be. Should he have a new contract? If we can re-negotiate his salary then yes. I think this would be more than possible as I don't think too many other clubs will be prepared to pay him what we pay him now. As we know from this season we need all of the experienced central defenders we can get - just in case.

This! How we go from him being half of a premiership winning defence to a 'lets give him away cause he's shit' is beyond me.
People say he's getting old and yet some of the biggest clubs in the world have 34-37 year old CB's.
Of course he should get a new contract, fair enough not on another insane salary but from what you see when he's discussing it with Micah in the behind the scenes vids on the OS and what he says is the press, he is ok with this.

Honestly, some people thing because he's not Italian or Spanish that he's shit when the reality is that despite his limitations is an excellent player who is loyal and doesn't sit whining when he doesn't get a game.

Give him a break!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.