Should Lescott get a new contract?

Notice Rekik captained PSV last week. I've not seen him play but he must still be doing well to be given the armband.

He isn't getting one, clearly, so this thread is a bit redundant. But If it were up to me probably not. Been a much better buy then I thought he would be when we got him, but tbh, he's served his purpose. I'd rather the space opened up for Rekik to get a chance.

Grateful but time to move on for both parties I think.

Depends how much we are likely to spend on his replacement, because letting Kolo go and then having to go out and buy Demichelis was a bit fucking stupid.

stony said:
Depends how much we are likely to spend on his replacement, because letting Kolo go and then having to go out and buy Demichelis was a bit fucking stupid.

Kolo's wage was ridiculous for a guy who started 5 games a season tbf, Demichelis is probably on a half to 2/3rds of it at most. Balancing wage bill is an important part of getting maximum value out of a squad, particularly with FFP about, top wages go to top players.

K-Bo said:
stony said:

Kolo's wage was ridiculous for a guy who started 5 games a season tbf, Demichelis is probably on a half to 2/3rds of it at most. Balancing wage bill is an important part of getting maximum value out of a squad, particularly with FFP about, top wages go to top players.

Citys wage structure has changed considerably over the past 12 months and only the creme del la creme will top the £175K with our latest signings on a far lower wage but bigger bonuses,based on wins/cup success.

blueparrot said:
Notice Rekik captained PSV last week. I've not seen him play but he must still be doing well to be given the armband.

PSV is a team full of youth in their starting XI and the team has been languishing mid table all season.

MillionDollarDream said:
blueparrot said:

PSV is a team full of youth in their starting XI and the team has been languishing mid table all season.

Still impressive for a 19 year old loanee to get the armband, meanwhile leading them to a victory.

Bruun said:
MillionDollarDream said:
blueparrot said:

Still impressive for a 19 year old loanee to get the armband, meanwhile leading them to a victory.
It is, but every time I check to see how PSV are getting on this season (wouldn't give a shit tbh if rekik wasn't on loan there) he seems to have gotten booked, which is a bit worrying.
Personally I think Lescott should be offered a 1 year extension on the same contract structure as the new players have come in on, so we can use that year to gradually ease rekik into the first team squad and we should look at doing the same on the other side(with a young right sided centre half, EDS if we got em, buy one if we don't) next year as it's the last year of demichelis' contract as well and I don't think he'll be staying after that year either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.