Should Lescott get a new contract?

Not for me

he seems to be the only player in the current squad who looks uncomfortable on the ball

he is an accident waiting to happen ie his trip/slip on the half way line against Hull (which luckily he got away with) his assist for cisse against QPR

nasty is already a better left sided centre half and he is still learning his trade we should be able to do much much better than him for his stupid wages that idiot Hughes put him on<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm --<br /><br />Not for me

he seems to be the only player in the current squad who looks uncomfortable on the ball

he is an accident waiting to happen ie his trip on the half way line against Hull (which luckily he got away with) his assist for cisse against QPR

nasty is already a better left sided centre half and he is still learning his trade we should be able to do much much better than him for his stupid wages that idiot Hughes put him on

Not off us, he has never lived up to his alleged talent, nor have I ever seen any sign in a City shirt that it ever existed, that the clumsy c*nt crocked our new signing in training sums up his value to the club, zero, show him the f*cking door

whp.blue said:
Not for me

he is an accident waiting to happen ie his trip/slip on the half way line against Hull (which luckily he got away with) his assist for cisse against QPR

nasty is already a better left sided centre half and he is still learning his trade we should be able to do much much better than him for his stupid wages that idiot Hughes put him on

-- Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm --

Not for me

he is an accident waiting to happen ie his trip on the half way line against Hull (which luckily he got away with) his assist for cisse against QPR

Did Sparkless decide the wages too? Jaysus the Taffia really did have some control over things didn't they?

If we can negotiate his wage down then I'd give him a year extension.

I like JL and he's one of the champions. However with Rekik developing into a fantastic player, and with Nasty already a fantastic player, not sure that it'd be right giving JL a new contract. Would rather that squad place went to Rekik next season.

BillyShears said:
I like JL and he's one of the champions. However with Rekik developing into a fantastic player, and with Nasty already a fantastic player, not sure that it'd be right giving JL a new contract. Would rather that squad place went to Rekik next season.

Rekik won't need a squad place as he'll be still under21. I don't see the harm in having them both in reserve, Karim could learn a thing or two about life in the PL from Lescott.

Rolee said:
BillyShears said:

Rekik won't need a squad place as he'll be still under21. I don't see the harm in having them both in reserve, Karim could learn a thing or two about life in the PL from Lescott.

I think instinctively if a manager has the choice between an experienced centre half like JL, and a young one like KR, they'll go for the experience. In terms of development I'd prefer if KR was clearly Nasty's understudy. But I totally take your point ... it certainly wouldn't be harmful and JL's a top professional and the more English players in and around the dressing room the better IMO.

So yeah on reflection lets give him a contract just make sure that he doesn't block KR's progress!

I would be comfortable with Nastasic and Rekik as LCBs with Kompany and Demichelis as RCBs - if we're in big trouble then we can still use Micah or Javi there. I do believe that Karim after one season with a top Eredivise side who plays in the European League can reach at least Lescott's level. Joleon was great for us and I love him but I think it's just about time for him to leave after his current contract expires.

Though Vinnie should stay fit for the majority of our season...

BillyShears said:
Rolee said:
BillyShears said:

I think instinctively if a manager has the choice between an experienced centre half like JL, and a young one like KR, they'll go for the experience. In terms of development I'd prefer if KR was clearly Nasty's understudy. But I totally take your point ... it certainly wouldn't be harmful and JL's a top professional and the more English players in and around the dressing room the better IMO.

So yeah on reflection lets give him a contract just make sure that he doesn't block KR's progress!

It might make sense for us , but think Lescott deserves better than being 3rd choice when he could get regular football at a few premier clubs, and possibly still get in an England squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.