Should Lescott get a new contract?

No. It's a shame because you can tell he's a really nice fella but he's always had the look of someone trying to step over dog shit when he's got the ball at his feet.

It all depends on where we believe we are.

If we believe we should be "nailed on" for the Premiership and in the hunt for the CL, then we have quite simply fooked up with our CB strategy.

Despite what is being discussed, Kolo was too slow and over weight before we let him go, yet now he is potentially the answer!!

Lescott simply can't play the "high line" and is lost without VK.

Garcia should never ever be let near our defence again.

We should (and it's too late now), have made some quality CB signings in the transfer window.

DVB been left many years now but still playing at the highest level... that's one that really slipped between our fingers!!!!

Lescott could stay but don't expect too many clean shhets with him in the team.

I'm sorry, but we will concede far too many this season, and that will be the reason we under achieve :-(

I don't think we should be offering him a long term deal, maybe a rolling one year contract, yes.

Next Summer I would like us to bring in a younger, European grade defender if we can to challenge Nastasic, Lescott for me is not European class and I question his ability at the top of the PL without a leader like Vinny next to him.

To be honest though, if he was to stay longer than this season I am suprised he hasn't been offered a new deal yet, maybe that is an indication that the club are looking to move on?

HolisticJim said:
TGR said:
Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here make him out to be. Should he have a new contract? If we can re-negotiate his salary then yes. I think this would be more than possible as I don't think too many other clubs will be prepared to pay him what we pay him now. As we know from this season we need all of the experienced central defenders we can get - just in case.

This! How we go from him being half of a premiership winning defence to a 'lets give him away cause he's shit' is beyond me.
People say he's getting old and yet some of the biggest clubs in the world have 34-37 year old CB's.
Of course he should get a new contract, fair enough not on another insane salary but from what you see when he's discussing it with Micah in the behind the scenes vids on the OS and what he says is the press, he is ok with this.

Honestly, some people thing because he's not Italian or Spanish that he's shit when the reality is that despite his limitations is an excellent player who is loyal and doesn't sit whining when he doesn't get a game.

Give him a break!
brilliant post...

Probably best to give him a rolling one year contract, just in case the 2 Spaniards fuck up the next window as well with our search for centre half cover.

2bluejacko said:
HolisticJim said:
TGR said:
Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here make him out to be. Should he have a new contract? If we can re-negotiate his salary then yes. I think this would be more than possible as I don't think too many other clubs will be prepared to pay him what we pay him now. As we know from this season we need all of the experienced central defenders we can get - just in case.

This! How we go from him being half of a premiership winning defence to a 'lets give him away cause he's shit' is beyond me.
People say he's getting old and yet some of the biggest clubs in the world have 34-37 year old CB's.
Of course he should get a new contract, fair enough not on another insane salary but from what you see when he's discussing it with Micah in the behind the scenes vids on the OS and what he says is the press, he is ok with this.

Honestly, some people thing because he's not Italian or Spanish that he's shit when the reality is that despite his limitations is an excellent player who is loyal and doesn't sit whining when he doesn't get a game.

Give him a break!
brilliant post...

Agree totally yes he should get a new contract. Some City fans have no loyalty and short memories. He is a very good defender IMO better than Cahill at Chelsea and Jagielka at Everton. It would cost a fortune to replace him and get someone of a similar quality.

It also worries me that we no longer seem to have players with longevity at the club that can be ambassadors for our club in the future, that can be held up as icons in our history.

Yes definatley we're short as it is, and when he's played on the left side alongside vinny we look solid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.