Should Roberto Mancini be sacked?

Should Roberto Mancini be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 332 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 645 66.0%

• Total voters
I was an inner till the final game but I think the time is just about right to try it with another manager.

I wouldn't use the word 'sack' though, it hurts. :) If the board says otherwise and he will stay, I think I will be satisfied with it too. :)

porkchopsaplenty said:
Wrote by Vincents tackle>
People keep saying Mancini should stay because he's our most successful manager for years but are we forgetting where we were a few years ago? It's not like anyone else has ever had the same opportunities afforded to Mancini. Do people seriously think he would have won the FA Cup and the league if we were in the position we were in before the Sheikh bought us out? He's not a miracle worker by any stretch of the imagination.

38 game season or not we were very lucky to win the title last year, Utd allowed us back in and even then we nearly blew it,

Stopped reading there

No, we're in danger of getting on the merry go round again. On sober reflection we've finished second in the 2 major domestic competitions. Even though Europe was a major disappointment English football generally is poor by comparison. After all, united went out to the first decent team they met despite all the bovine excretion about Awex.
Time was we'd have killed for a season like this, patience is it's own reward, Mancini is a success whichever way you cut it and European success will take a while. Why on earth sack a successful manager? Moyes is getting his moment in the sun, he's won bugger all and despite his whining has spent shedloads in comparison to most, producing some crap football for years.

Berkovic_blue said:
Neil McNab said:
Yes with knobs on.
Rubbish football throughout his tenure apart from 3.5 months where new players hadn't had their natural game coached out of them by the Mancini Machine.
On top of this his man management skills are zero.

What a load of absolute shit. We've played some great football throughout his time at the club. Only the most one-eyed idiot would try to claim otherwise.

As for man-management, players on 100k+ per week should not expect a fucking cuddle from the manager. They are paid handsomely to do their jobs and deserve to be held to account when they're shit.
What a load of absolute shit, we squandered our lead last season to poor teams parking the bus against us, Mancini had no Idea how to combat it, we kept trying to dribble it through 10 men. This season we are doing the exact same thing, no variation, no pace. His treatment of several players this year has been a disgrace, his attitude to colleagues at the club has been unprofessional,. As for holding to account Mancini has managed to get less from each of these players than any manager ever has.
I think you sir are the idiot, you may have two eyes but they surely must have been closed for the last three years.

porkchopsaplenty said:
Wrote by Vincents tackle>
People keep saying Mancini should stay because he's our most successful manager for years but are we forgetting where we were a few years ago? .......

than our grat club & we need to move on & evolve as a team as we are stagnant at the moment.[/
porkchopsaplenty said:
quote]

Some good points there m8, I agree we were a tad lucky to win last year but the fact is that Mancini put us into that position to win those things.

As I see it the options at the moment are :

Keep Mancini and be guaranteed top four position next year and maybe some trophies.

Or

Go for a new guy and take what amounts to a gamble (As it does with every new manager at a club who is brought in to turn things around)

Hopefully the new manager if he comes will turn it around (If it needs turning around!) and all will be ok but tbh I really fear thast City could end up mid table again next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.