Should Tevez contract be extended

Yes - providing Mancini and Soriano are also convinced. They see him at closer quarters than we do. He certainly looks happier and far more settled while his on-pitch commitment has always been second to none. A repacement of equivalent quality woud cost over £30m in transfer fee alone, even in the FFP era.

One of the finest players ever to have worn the sky blue shirt in my view. Some have flair, some have work rate. Tevez combines the two better than almost anyone.

No.

He's the highest paid player at the club in a time where we are trying to reduce costs and as we proved last season, we can still get by fine without him. He'll be 30 in two years time which for a striker like him means he'll have one or maybe two good years left in him.

I don't think paying a 30 year old over a quarter of a million pound a week in a time when we are looking at dropping the wage bill is a very clever idea.

He's a changed man that's for sure. But if he thought about moving elsewhere, I'd offer a bit of cash and his services in exchange for Cavani. (I'm happy all day long whilst he's giving us 100% though)<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
No.

He's the highest paid player at the club in a time where we are trying to reduce costs and as we proved last season, we can still get by fine without him. He'll be 30 in two years time which for a striker like him means he'll have one or maybe two good years left in him.

I don't think paying a 30 year old over a quarter of a million pound a week in a time when we are looking at dropping the wage bill is a very clever idea.

Thought it was Yaya.

give it till the end of the season, before we look to extend if at all, we either give him another 2 at most 3 years or let him see out his contract. If he leaves us on a free I don't think he will stay in England;he will most likely go back to Argentina or Brazil, although I would n't be surprised to see him turn up in Italy (Inter, Milan, Juve maybe even Roma) or Spain (Atletico most likely). By the end of his current contract he would have been away from Argentinian football for ten years, it might suit him to go back to Boca take up the mantel of star player and captaincy from Riquelme, he won't need the super money he is on now and will have a good shot at more trophies like the copa libertadores and could have the added bonus of leading his boyhood club to glory.

danburge82 said:
Just like my forgiving of him...let's wait til the end of the season and see how he's been over the whole season eh?

He's only just starting to build some foundations of trust up, let's not get giddy about giving him even more money just yet (contract extensions usually come with a pay rise).
I agree we shouldnt rush into giving him a new contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.