Should Tevez contract be extended

yes sign a new contract please my carlos....

whats all this forgiving and forgetting ? yawn yawn yawn .......

ctid

greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I'm not going to wheel out the speech I usually give each time this type of thread comes up, in short:
Unstable character.
STILL can't speak English.
2 years left, so we should sell him while he is still a capable player and can get a price for him.
HUGE wages for someone who isn't even integral to our team.

In (very basic) theory:
Sell Tevez for ~£30m and pay an extra £10m for Cavani/Falcao. We get a younger, hungrier player who is already at the level Tevez is. No doubt he played a huge role in where we are now, but he shamed us on the world stage.
Who gives a fuck if he cant speak English as long as he does it on the pitch I can hardly understand Mancini ffs. Isnt integral to our team? If Aguero got injured I wouldnt trust Balo or Dzeko to come in and start everyweek (still needs to prove himself when starting). Imo Balotelli should leave well before Tevez. I would try and get him to sign a one year extension on his contract and sell him in two years.

In the two games he's started this season: he scored against QPR in the one - and was by a broad consensus the best player in the other one (Arsenal). In addition to delivering as a sub.

Uhm.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I'm not going to wheel out the speech I usually give each time this type of thread comes up, in short:
Unstable character.
2 years left, so we should sell him while he is still a capable player and can get a price for him.

In (very basic) theory:
Sell Tevez for ~£30m and pay an extra £10m for Cavani/Falcao. We get a younger, hungrier player who is already at the level Tevez is. No doubt he played a huge role in where we are now, but he shamed us on the world stage.
Who gives a fuck if he cant speak English as long as he does it on the pitch I can hardly understand Mancini ffs. Isnt integral to our team? If Aguero got injured I wouldnt trust Balo or Dzeko to come in and start everyweek (still needs to prove himself when starting). Imo Balotelli should leave well before Tevez. I would try and get him to sign a one year extension on his contract and sell him in two years.

If Balotelli or Dzeko actually got the chance to play every week then they'd score just as much goals, if not more, than Tevez.

Balotelli and Dzeko get a rediculously hard time on here considering they appear to be 3rd and 4th striker at the minute, meaning if they start and don't score then they'll be back on the bench for the next few games until they get another start.

Last season we won the title with Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko as our strikers. Why can, all of a sudden, can we no longer rely on them?

I think a lot will depend on how he perfroms this season...

Mancini is already concerned about his fitness as he has started putting weight back on...

Maybe this is the reason he has brought him off in recent game during the second half..

brian the blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Unstable character.

In (very basic) theory:

If Balotelli or Dzeko actually got the chance to play every week then they'd score just as much goals, if not more, than Tevez.

Balotelli and Dzeko get a rediculously hard time on here considering they appear to be 3rd and 4th striker at the minute, meaning if they start and don't score then they'll be back on the bench for the next few games until they get another start.

Last season we won the title with Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko as our strikers. Why can, all of a sudden, can we no longer rely on them?
Agreed, we won the title with him being on fucling holiday for 70% of last season.
Granted, he's a good player but he definitely isn't irreplacable as we proved last season, especially if we could get some cash for him and use that (plus his wages) to get a replacement. If we could get £20m from someone we should bite their hands off, you just know he is going to run his contract down and walk on a free otherwise for his last payday.

He's put in two transfer requests, publicly slagged off just about everyone at the club and the city itself, run off to South America for 6 months and only came crawling back with his tail between his legs when we stopped paying him. If he was at any other club 99% of people here would be laughing their balls off at his antics and tut, tutting about how disgraceful it is and how that club should bin him, teach him a lesson etc.

He's 29 in February and with his weight problems he's going to find it harder to keep his weight down soon. Finally, he is the highest paid player at the club and is unlikely to accept lower wages so giving a longer contract extension probably just means we'll end up with a Blobby Fowler or Bellamy scenario with a player who is low-mid 30's (who isn't first choice striker) on huge wages that we can't shift who is getting the odd start and 20 minute sub appearances.

That's a no from me if you hadn't guessed :)

2 more years? anytime around there sounds just about right and enough.

This season is the one for City and Tevez.. make or make ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.